Flight Training UK style (1970)

HVYMETALDRVR

Just found this on youtube... its amazing how things change, yet still stay the same. I really like the respect thats shown to the CA in the beginning, as a regional pilot this organization and planning is unseen at my company.

Here's a difference between then and now: these days, they won't be taking an airplane to some outlying airport for some "bounces" post-sim. That's what revenue flights are for. :biggrin:

We sure used to do that.

Sadly the kid they focused that BOAC cadet video on died in a car crash a year or so later after the movie ended.

Here's a difference between then and now: these days, they won't be taking an airplane to some outlying airport for some "bounces" post-sim. That's what revenue flights are for. :biggrin:

We sure used to do that.

That is still done this days in Europe.

Kid goes through all that and at the end of the video, still doesn't get to pimp the deuce?

I really enjoyed that, thanks for posting it. Real shame to hear what happened to the cadet.

The Australian one?
SKW, OO, Whatever you wanna call em.
I don't know if it was because of lack of sim space or what, but in 2007 my friend was hired there and to complete his training they took an instructor and Bill and his sim partner did t/o's and landings in an empty 200 at night.
I just assumed it was normal.

SKW, OO, Whatever you wanna call em.
I don't know if it was because of lack of sim space or what, but in 2007 my friend was hired there and to complete his training they took an instructor and Bill and his sim partner did t/o's and landings in an empty 200 at night.
I just assumed it was normal.

It's not done anymore, I went through last year. Would've been fun but you will see plenty of empty 200's while on reserve.

Back