Flight training location for MEI initial?

kevmor99

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a location that does an accelerated program for a MEI initial?

There are plenty of places that will do that for you. To be able to help you better we'll need more details like an experience level, where you are located, if you're willing to travel to the location, and just what your idea of "accelerated" is?

There are plenty of places that will do that for you. To be able to help you better we'll need more details like an experience level, where you are located, if you're willing to travel to the location, and just what your idea of "accelerated" is?

A few months ago I got my Commercial, and will hopefully have the Multi Commercial in a month or so. I currently have about 270hrs. I'm located in CA but wouldn't mind traveling. I guess my idea of accelerated is a structured course within a certain timeframe. I've never done an accelerated course, but my previous ratings (private, instrument) have taken about a 9-12months to obtain so I was looking for something possibly quicker.

Also, my reasoning for doing the MEI as the first flight instructor certificate is that I have access to a non-complex plane I could use for the "CFI add-on" after the MEI.

Side question: do you need a CFII to teach the instrument portions of the ME PTS as a MEI?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, except that I hope to be getting my ME commercial and single soon. There are several schools that do it, and I've heard good things about them on this forum and not only. In CA you have Grey Eagle, FlyCorona, (though other schools would gladly do it in an accelerated manner), in AZ you have Sheble, there is White Air (don't know the location), in KA? you have Prairie Air Service and the one I've decided to go with is OS Aviaton in NC.

Most of them offer a program of 8-15h of flying which takes anywhere from 2 to 10 days. Again, I've not tried any of them, but these are the ones I researched and have decent prices. I'm sure there are many others, probably most of the schools with a twin would be willing to do an accelerated program if that's what you want.

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, except that I hope to be getting my ME commercial and single soon. There are several schools that do it, and I've heard good things about them on this forum and not only. In CA you have Grey Eagle, FlyCorona, (though other schools would gladly do it in an accelerated manner), in AZ you have Sheble, there is White Air (don't know the location), in KA? you have Prairie Air Service and the one I've decided to go with is OS Aviaton in NC.

Most of them offer a program of 8-15h of flying which takes anywhere from 2 to 10 days. Again, I've not tried any of them, but these are the ones I researched and have decent prices. I'm sure there are many others, probably most of the schools with a twin would be willing to do an accelerated program if that's what you want.

I've looked at a couple of their sites (Fly Corona and Sheble) but I usually only see the MEI as an add-on. I guess I'm looking for a place that does these all the time (MEI as initial CFI) and has a good estimate on how many hours and a timeframe for doing it, etc.

Back