Flight Training during travel?

I've often wondered why this angle hasn't been used in "clubs" with amateur built experimentals. If everyone has an equity position (even a tiny one), then they aren't renting they are owners, which means they could be used for instruction too.......

My club uses experimental's for instruction, they are part owned by the members.

Hey, they have a website!

http://www.visionaryairlines.com/index.html#

Poking around the site it sounds like they may just be getting very creative with how they sell intro flights. And, happen to have some "star" power behind their ad campaign.

MidlifeFlyer, I think we're just beating at opposite sides of the same bush. They can be holding out to offer flight instruction. They can't offer air transportation. Of course, it's all in how the FAA interprets what they're doing. They can claim "it's just instruction" all day long, but all the FAA has to say is uh-uh, and give us your tickets...

Anyone know if Berkshire Hathaway owns these guys? Mom and Pop FBO isn't able to tangle with the FAA on "is this a 135 operation or not," but the lawyers working for The Sage may run circles around the FAA.

Personal serious opinion: This only works if there's only two people on the airplane. The third person on the airplane better hold a student cert or they're being provided with air transportation. It doesn't matter if they like what they see and decide they want to get into flying themselves, they're still being provided with air transportation. If that isn't the case, we might as well toss out part 119 because everyone's first time ever on an airplane is an intro flight.

Personal serious opinion: This only works if there's only two people on the airplane. The third person on the airplane better hold a student cert or they're being provided with air transportation. It doesn't matter if they like what they see and decide they want to get into flying themselves, they're still being provided with air transportation. If that isn't the case, we might as well toss out part 119 because everyone's first time ever on an airplane is an intro flight.

Definitely complicates things and adds to the mix of whatever is being reviewed. But I like to have a student bring a significant other with them to sit in the back seat on on at least one lesson. Does that make it air transportation?

How can something be so full of fail right out of the gate?

I can see this lasting three days before fines start accumulating.

In the words of Spock: "Interesting."

Back