Flight Surgeon at PEPC

moulds80

Does anyone know if the Regional Flight Surgeon serving at a PEPC is the Flight Surgeon for the region which the PEPC is held, or is there a collection of them form most of the regions since the PEPC processes applicants going all over the nation?

Does anyone know if the Regional Flight Surgeon serving at a PEPC is the Flight Surgeon for the region which the PEPC is held, or is there a collection of them form most of the regions since the PEPC processes applicants going all over the nation?

I know the Flight Surgeon I had my meeting with at the Kansas City PEPC was the central regions flight surgeon.

The flight surgeon I met with at the KC PEPC was from the Pacific Northwest. Any follow-up stuff goes to the KC-region Flight Surgeon though.

I went to the Memphis PEPC & met with a flight surgeon from the Southeast. The letter I received for my medical clearance came from the flight surgeon for the Central Region. My facility is in the Central Region.

After hiring, are routine physicals done on your own with an AME like normal? Or do you have to go to something more like they have at the PEPC?

The routine physicals are done by your local Flight Surgeon. You can't go to your normal doctor for the FAA physicals, unless by some fluke he/she is a Flight Surgeon as well and the FAA accepts his physicals for certification purposes.

pretty sure it is AME and the FAA should pay for the physical. In the case of the centers, I know Cleveland Center has their own AME on site... not sure how other facilities are.

I know the Flight Surgeon I had my meeting with at the Kansas City PEPC was the central regions flight surgeon.

Yeah, there was Dr.B, the local fight surgeon, and the other doctor, in full military dress, who looked as if he could whoop me senseless with one hand.

Yeah, there was Dr.B, the local fight surgeon, and the other doctor, in full military dress, who looked as if he could whoop me senseless with one hand.

Dr.B is awesome...I have also spoken to him on the phone. The guy in the Naval uniform wasn't in the military, he was with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. They wear a military uniform...but not in the military... Kind of like the surgeon general isn't a general..but is..:confused:
http://www.usphs.gov/aboutus/

These ATC physicians are anal!! I have never had a problem passing a first class aviation medical but at the PEPC I mentioned a previous motorcycle accident from 4 years ago. That I had full medical release from. I didn't break anything just got banged up. Well they wanted a full history and all the medical records including x-rays. Anyone have hemorroids within the past 20 years you better keep it quiet. Sorry I guess I was just bugged about it. I guess what I am saying is to be honest but don't volunteer any unasked for info.

Back