Flight sim 2k4?

flyitup,
Are you currently running any Flight Sim game? You could probably use more ram, at least 512MB. I'm using the factory graphics card , it's a nvidia Vanta, which i found out it is their lowest one they have. My FS2k2 runs great, I could probably use a better graphics card for better effects.. my RAM is ok (1024MB ..hehe) with a 1.5G processor P4.
Is there any screenshots of the new FS ?

Dan

eatsleepfly...

Are you using the right kind of memory.. sdram..ddram..etc..

what Model Compaq do you have ?

Dan

[ QUOTE ]

Willfly,
Does that mean that you are running MSFS2004 already?? I thought that it is not out yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not yet, I have a friend that does technical editing for microsoft... I'll try to grab some screenies of me crashing the Spirit of St.Louis into the Eiffel Tower.

flyitup,
There are many types of RAM but you could get a 256MB stick for $50, give or take $10 - depending. You may want to make sure you have an open slot to install more RAM. If you already have all slots filled with 128mb sticks then obviously you won't want to buy another 128mb stick, etc.

Back in the FS4 days, someone made a flying brick. I think I downloaded it off of Compuserve years and years and years ago off of a 9600 baud modem, and having to dial down to Detroit from our place (it's about 100 miles away). That was the best online service we could get. The internet came a few years later.

Dunno if I'll get 2K4, I've got 2002 and never use it anymore inless I want to go shoot some partial panel NDB approaches to try to keep on the ball with that kinda stuff. Maybe I'll move up to a Barton 2,600 and a gig of RAM with a new MSI board and the NForce2 chipset. That and my Ti4200 should make Quake III Arena scream (well...Urban Terror...but I doubt anyone plays that). My friend just got one of the new FX cards, IT'S HUGE!

Cheers

John Herreshoff

NOTE: This is really John, didn't feel like loging skibum out...too lazy.

[ QUOTE ]
(well...Urban Terror...but I doubt anyone plays that)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! We play that game 24/7. Used to be very big into instagib but once UrT came out everyone converted. We all play with NUA| tags.

Very cool. I'm a member of DeK...technically. I have not played in a few months due to being so busy with work and whatnot. I imagine I'll jump back into it once I'm back at school and have some more time to myself. Not sure if your fimilar, DeK was on top of the OGL CTF Open ladder for a while, word is that they suck now. We're also running a TS team on TWL I believe. Why we didn't move over to STA when we were good is beyond me, but we've stuck with OGL.

I live next door to aint, Zero and.....ah........not sure what my other's friend current name is. I'm [DeK]RC, say hi if I happen to run into you on a server. I'm big into CTF when I play. Used to be into DM, but it gets stupid on pubs. Used to play excessive until True Combat came out, and then I found out about Urban Terror.

You going to Quakecon?

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Does anyone have a website that will tell the pc requirements for it? I have about a 3 year old gateway with upgraded RAM to 512 MB but my graphics card isn't great.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have a website that will tell the pc requirements for it? I have about a 3 year old gateway with upgraded RAM to 512 MB but my graphics card isn't great.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/features.asp

System Requirements:

Windows PC
2000/XP – 128 MB Ram
98/Me – 64 MB Ram
Processor:450 MHz minimum
Available hard drive space:1.8 GB
DirectX 9 or later (included with Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight)
Video card: 8 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers
Other: mouse, joystick/yoke, sound card, speakers/headphones
Online/multiplayer: 56.6 kbps modem or LAN

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/features.asp

System Requirements:

Windows PC
2000/XP – 128 MB Ram
98/Me – 64 MB Ram
Processor:450 MHz minimum
Available hard drive space:1.8 GB
DirectX 9 or later (included with Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight)
Video card: 8 MB/3D with DirectX 7.0 or later drivers
Other: mouse, joystick/yoke, sound card, speakers/headphones
Online/multiplayer: 56.6 kbps modem or LAN

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, right.

Dave

The specs Microsoft gives are the absolute minnimum it will take to even make the thing run. I'd recommend at least 1.4Ghz processor, 256Mb RAM, and a pretty nice graphics card. If you want to run it at its full potential you'd probably need a 2.0Ghz processor, 512Mb RAM and a high profile graphics card. The graphics card isn't as important for running flight simulator as most people think it is. Flight Simulator is very CPU hungry, so uprgrade the CPU, then the RAM, and if you have enough money left over think about upgrading the card. Just upgradding the CPU and RAM will most likely do the trick unless you have a really slow card.

CPU affects loading time, just get a kickass video card and more ram and you'll be fine, I atually heard FS2004 is more graphic efficent and runs faster for the equivliant graphic settings to FS2002.

I just placed an order for PC1.3, I plan to run it on a seperate computer and use FS2002 on another computer through the network as a graphics generator
smile.gif

I'll post more when I get it in the mail later this week. Hum I wonder if I can get a tax decuation on it...

The core of FS2k4 is supposedly the same as Combat FLight Sim 3, so if you can run that decently, FS2K4 should run fine as well.

Or just switch to X-Plane. ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
Or just switch to X-Plane. ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah X-Plane sounds like it has an awsome physic's engine but it's just too lacking in features and graphics for me to justify using it. Besides I use FS2002 more for sight seeing and IFR on autopilot than anything else so the handeling charteristics don't concern me too much, I'll figure out all the seat of the pants flying when I get in a real aircraft. Plus it's actually cheaper to fly light aircraft than make a simulator for them.

Back