Flight School Marketing

JoeBlow

Just checking out IATA’s new website with all the new bling and found this wonderful statement from them.

Keys to a Career
The aviation industry has been changing faces rapidly over the last 2 years, from excitement in early 2007 with airlines hiring everyone in sight to concerns in 2008 with the same airline s furloughing personnel as the fuel costs have gone sky high. The world has now accepted the fact that we are experiencing an ACUTE pilot shortage. Re cent studies indicate that as many as 458,000 new pilots will be needed worldwide between now and 2025 (AIR,Inc.). Now is the perfect time to enroll in an Ab-Initio program at IATA. In less than 8 months, an English speaking student can become a professional pilot and earn $40K/year. Join us and learn how you can start TODAY.
http://www.flyiata.com/newsletter.pdf

I like how they contradict themselves by stating how airlines are furloughing now, the world has accepted the fact that there is a pilot shortage (must be from the furloughs) and it’s the perfect time to enroll because you can go from zero to hero in 8 months making $40k. Sign me up! This really says volumes about the owner of IATA.

Don’t know if they are referring to earning $40k as an instructor for them or working for an airline. But if I were an ignorant wishful aviator, I would be assuming I could make that kind of money at an airline in 8 months—deceptive marketing.

He spelled recent " re cent." 458,000 pilots, my ass they are hiring that many, last I heard was 52,000 by 2020.

Professional pilot in 8 months and when your done you make 40k/yr sign me up:sarcasm:. I'd love to see a place that is paying that first year.

He spelled recent " re cent." 458,000 pilots, my ass they are hiring that many, last I heard was 52,000 by 2020.

Some words were spaced apart when I copied and pasted the quote. I had to go back and make sure some words were brought together—missed one. So no they didn't misspell any words. If you would have used the link and read the quote off their news letter, you would have seen that. This isn’t about misspelling; it’s about how schools continue to mislead through unethical marketing to those ignorant soles who wish to become professional pilots. It’s always the same absurd pilot shortage ploy. In this case, though, the person responsible for writhing this is completely incapable of developing a successful marketing campaign. It’s just amazing how many schools use the same tired lines.

Back