Flight safety international

Remember, you're interviewing them just as much as they're interviewing you.
This is sound advice, don't sell yourself short. I had an interview where the DOM basically said he knew who I was and the interview was more about me meeting him and discussing what pay and benefits would be required for me to take their offer. Aviation, more than some other fields, is a catch-22 when you start. No one will hire you unless you have some experience, but you can't get the experience until you get hired. How exactly did they offer you a job without discussing compensation? Curious because if someone told me to move to FL for work without telling me how much I'd be paid I would be very suspicious of their motives. Always look out for #1 when looking for work.

My start date is june, they'll tell me about benefits and pay when i officially begin.

They tried to pull that • BS with me years ago when I did a phone interview. They wouldn't even show me their training contract. HR claimed it was confidential and he couldn't show it to me unless it was in person and I signed it. I promptly ignored them after that. How unprofessional.

Last edited:
They tried to pull that BS with me years ago when I did a phone interview. They wouldn't even show me their training contract. HR claimed it was confidential and he couldn't show it to me unless it was in person and I signed it. I promptly ignored them after that. How unprofessional.

This right here made me laugh. I can just picture someone in HR saying "you can read it after you sign it". What makes companies think they can do this kind of stuff? And who actually falls for it?

Why move from NY for a CFI gig? There are many opportunities in the Empire State.

FSA is a pretty good gig as far as CFI jobs go. I had jobs at 2 other schools before FSA. FSA was far superior.

Paid time off, vacation, medical etc etc. You are all but guaranteed to have a full student load ALL the time. The weather is good(certainly better than anywhere in NY state), and the MX is top notch despite an aging fleet.

Also as I previously mentioned you can do some interesting flying relative to other CFI jobs. It's not all stalls slow flight and traffic patterns if you don't want it to be.

Lastly, if a corporate job is your end goal every FSI center LOVES hiring CFIs from Vero into their SIC program. These programs are ridiculous networking opportunities as well as a full PIC type on whichever acft you worked when you resign. I did not personally take this route but I know of dozens of former co-workers that did and now have biz jet jobs.

Why move for FSA? Why not?

Paid time off, vacation, medical etc etc. You are all but guaranteed to have a full student load ALL the time. The weather is good(certainly better than anywhere in NY state), and the MX is top notch despite an aging fleet.

I can see doing it for benefits. The metro NY area seems to be pretty busy as far as opportunities beyond flight instructing. If the OP were in Iowa or something, I could see the need to move.

I wouldn't worry about it, they wouldn't be keeping it a state secret unless it was extremely generous. In fact, being that you're going to be in Florida, I'd probably lease a Corvette. Important to look the part.
Urgh, the part of (feminine hygiene product), you mean?

Back