Flight Options News????

dc3flyer

I heard that Flight Options "furloughed" a bunch of pilots yesterday.... I heard about 100 more pilots are hitting the streets.

Anyone here that can confirm this? I couldn't find anything out there about it.

Unfortunately it was confirmed on another board by FLOPS pilots. Here's the quote:

"The only good news is that they will get 6 weeks of pay, PTO payout, medical through January, and they retain "recall" rights for 7 years." Apparently 104 were furloughed.

Well, it's a sign of the times. I have a good friend who works for Flight Options. He is number 63 on the seniority list, but he is still worried. Makes me wonder if I'm making the right move getting into this industry. I'll just have to hope it turns around by the time I'm marketable.

EatSleepFly....check in.

I'm here and still employed, but I work for Flexjet not Flight Options. I appreciate your concern, though!

The furloughs at Options went all the way back to people hired in Summer 2002! :(

I'm here and still employed, but I work for Flexjet not Flight Options. I appreciate your concern, though!

The furloughs at Options went all the way back to people hired in Summer 2002! :(

Oops...

I knew it started with Fl.....:eek:

yea I heard the latest last week, around mid march was the 4th layoff since they started laying off 9 months ago. Now they went all the way up to laying off pilots to 9 year seniority...not many guys left...im thinking the next step would be to close the doors

Back