Flight into JFK

dahhcon

Here are a few pictures from my flight into JFK back in August. We flew in from KIPT in a Skyhawk to pick up a friend. Enjoy...

After departure from IPT
5027.jpg

Enroute
5030.jpg

5032.jpg

5035.jpg

After turning off 22L
5039.jpg

Storms moving in after arrival. Taken from the international terminal
5046.jpg

Taxiing out for departure
5053.jpg

New York
5057.jpg

Enroute back to IPT
5078.jpg

Radar after arrival
KJFKTrip.jpg

This trip was my first IFR flight after my instrument rating and my friend's also. It also was our first IFR flights steam gauge. Can't fly the G1000 all the time. It was a great experience.

Cool pics.

I am planning on taking a 152 into ORD next week, if the winter weather stays away...

Did you have to pay a landing fee to land at JFK and if so how much? if you don't mind me asking

TLewis, when are you planning on going into ORD? Good luck getting in at 3 A.M. which is the only time you have a chance at it. :rawk: If you do go, take pictures!

Well, this trip was going to be around midnight.

But a practice run for dropping my friend off at 3P.M in a few weeks for a flight out.

Going in at midnight is a non-event. Going in at 3pm, on the other hand...just make sure you have a slot using the 1800 number. Have a plan b in case they turn you away, which they very well may if you plan on going VFR.

Going in at midnight is a non-event. Going in at 3pm, on the other hand...just make sure you have a slot using the 1800 number. Have a plan b in case they turn you away, which they very well may if you plan on going VFR.

I thought that the slot system was for IFR only?

Back