Flight instructors, Aviator college florida

Victor98290

Aviator college of aeronautical science and technology & flight training
Fort pierce, Florida

Aviator is looking to fill the positions below immediately! We have multiple openings for all positions Apply by submitting the form on the right of this page. Click links below for the requirements.

Flight Instructors
  • Pay is $1,000 per week based on a 40 hour flight time week
  • Room for advancement. Successful, self-motivated, and organized flight instructors will have opportunities to become check instructors or join the management team
  • Flexible schedule. Our flight operations runs 24/7, "rain or shine"
  • Career Services and placement with affiliated airlines
  • State of the art facilities. More than 40 airplanes and on-site maintenance facility
  • Structured environment. All training conducted under Part 141 curricula
  • Standardized procedures. All procedures implemented through the use of aircraft specific Flight Operations Manuals (FOMs)
  • Computerized scheduling and record keeping
  • All flight instructors "covered" under our Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP)
  • Opportunities to obtain additional licensing for the ones who qualify. (CFI Instrument Airplane (CFII) and CFI Airplane Multi-Engine (MEI), ATP (under 61.159 or 61.160)
  • Housing assistance for the ones who qualify

Minimum Requirements:
  • US citizen, or are currently on a work visa
  • FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine Ratings
  • Hold a valid FAA 3rd Class Medical certificate

Preferred Requirements:
  • FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine and Multi-Engine Land and Instrument Airplane Ratings
  • FAA Certified Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single-Engine and Multi-Engine Ratings and Instrument Ratings (CFI,CFII, MEI)
  • Hold a valid FAA 2nd Class Medical certificate
  • BS in Aviation Science

40 hour flight time week? So $25 an hour, paid for fight time only? That would be less than half the going rate for a flight instructor. Lot's of jobs out there for instructors right now, you don't need to sell yourself this short.

In South FL $25/hr is the going rate at almost every school down here. Plus that's valuable multi time (aviator is where my instructor got his ratings)

I interviewed down there earlier this year, great staff. I like Florida but wasn't too excited about fort pierce other than the beach. But I didn't accept it, with bills I couldn't afford to not get paid for taking the time out to explain what a student did or didn't do, grounds, etc, and with Florida weather sometimes it may be a little hard to get a 40hr FLIGHT TIME week.

I interviewed down there earlier this year, great staff. I like Florida but wasn't too excited about fort pierce other than the beach. But I didn't accept it, with bills I couldn't afford to not get paid for taking the time out to explain what a student did or didn't do, grounds, etc, and with Florida weather sometimes it may be a little hard to get a 40hr FLIGHT TIME week.

Exactly! This would be a lot more attractive if the 40 hour work week included BOTH flight and ground instruction time. I went through their ME time-building program a long time ago and their maintenance dept. was top-notch, but yeah Ft. Pierce is really really laid back and nothin' much goes on around there (unless you're into growing your own veggies & fruit).

Back