Flight Express

Hey Lloyd,

James says hi! HA! No he doesn't, though he says that he quit smoking...still waiting to see that happen for sure. 305 is gone and it sounds like 702 is going to swap to 715s old run. Feel sorry for Frank.

upup89 I hope you like night min pay runs, bc that is a fun one in the fall and winter. CPS-SGF-CPS. If it weren't for STL Appr I don't think that many people would be unhappy with it.

Hope that the regionals are treating you well and I will have some BBQ for you when they have it again!

Off to eat a cookie! :rawk:

Hey CPS-SGF and back sounds good to me! Gotta start someplace. I really look forward to possibly being able to meet you all in the very near future.

Man, that is a cake run if you can live in minimum pay. Didn't it even go out empty? Show up, fly to sgf, load the dog doo, fly back, clock out. Something like 3 hours door to door. Better get a (cheap) hobby.

Mike, gimme that call some time and fill me in on the Hangar Happenings. I think we're teeing off that traffic watch guy chattin it up on the CTAF.

PS. Didn't James want to say hi to me? Boohoo. I'll bet he wanted to say hi to Delia and Nicole. You should give him their numbers. :D

I don't suppose any of you FLX'ers on here are currently based in CPS or know the situation there? I just wanted to know if it is gonna be one of the choices of runs at the end of ground training? Like if there is currently an opening.

Good ol Flight Express. Funnest flying of my career so far. I worked there for 14 months- 7 in the C210 and 7 in the Baron- based in CRG the whole time I was there. I know I was lucky to get the Baron in 7 months and not have to move. Left in Apr 2008 to fly Lears. FLX was my first flying job besides instructing. I had a 13 hour duty day so I was making good money flying a 210. Austin, Adam, Ernst, Gary are all great guys (even though Adam was just a line pilot out of ORL when I was there, hehe). Make sure you study the Austincollins.com guides. During ground school I would head over to the Barnes and Noble on Colonial to study for a bit after class. Like others have said, its a good thing if Ernst says "who is this??" when you call. Show up on time, fly your route safely, and call in your times/cargo loads when you are done and they will love you. Good luck!

Skillet- are you one of the Marks from dispatch?

Yeah, I was the smaller one that didn't chain smoke!:bandit: I am over at airtran now. FLX = alot of good people mixed in with a few nut jobs, I suppose that's everywhere though!

Mark

Oh come on, Sean does CHAIN smoke....:panic:....well at least does his J.O.B. It's to bad that I don't fly nights and get to chat with him while he is working on reports for the banks.

Define nut jobs. As I recall...:crazy:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying AirTran. Everybody at CPS misses giving their number to you rather than the new guy Bob...yeah, he's a pilot too. Though Tristian is now the second shift sup...PM if you don't know about it.

Tristan's a sup now? Is Russ still there?

I'd like to think of myself as the perfect combo of a nut job and a good person. I beg to differ about STL approach, though..... those guys were SOOOO nice to me, and would even say "Hi Delia!" on the radio. One even took me to a Cardinals game - we got a box with the never-ending beer and pretzels!! They were always good about getting me in just before all the poop hit the fan. Once you landed, it was always fun to guess how many beers "doc" had been through, and what Steve was going to do to piss off the mechanics.

God, I miss FLX. I was even half-hoping to get furloughed so I could actually FLY again (no more "ask for 15 right to avoid a buildup").

Austin's a cool guy once he's off the clock. And Gary "pythons" Hillyer.... well, women want him, men want to BE him!!

I beg to differ about STL approach, though..... those guys were SOOOO nice to me, and would even say "Hi Delia!" on the radio.

Perhaps braunpilot doesn't have as sexy a radio-voice as you do, Captain D. "Flight Express Sevennn Eighteeeeen, coming DOWN for a LANDING, boys!"

Once you landed, it was always fun to guess how many beers "doc" had been through

I'm thinking of a number. It's more than 10, and less than 100, well maybe less than 100.

and what Steve was going to do to piss off the mechanics.

My favorite was flying to KC and getting stuck when he was supposed to be on duty. Or was it declaring an emergency for a busted EGT gauge? Or, no, maybe it was gearing up the first day on the job?

Anyway, it wasn't the mechanics he needed to worry about, it was when Captain H started seeing red and looming over him that he usually beat a squeaky retreat.

God, I miss FLX. I was even half-hoping to get furloughed so I could actually FLY again (no more "ask for 15 right to avoid a buildup").

I miss it too, although I confess I don't miss flying without an autopilot (I'm lazy), or the Baron's sort-of heater.

Austin's a cool guy once he's off the clock. And Gary "pythons" Hillyer.... well, women want him, men want to BE him!!

Truer words were never written.

Back