Flight Express in BNA

Primarily a Baron base - the largest Baron base in the company, in fact.
Several Baron runs, both day and night. Two 210 runs. Lots of FTY, TYS, MEM, JKS, etc. I used to do a run that just did a BNA-FTY-BNA turn. I was off duty 3-1/2 hours after I started, for 7 hours of pay. Except for Fridays . . . it was BNA-FTY-SAV-FTY-BNA. Still wasn't that long of a night.

There are some day runs . . . I had to do one in the Baron. It was cake - sit in MEM for 8 hours in a nice private sleeping room. Take the crew car when it was needed. I was was groovy. There was a big, hot glowing thing in the sky all the time though. Night runs were definitely the coolest. I'm trying to figure out how I can do nothing but CDOs at work now.:D

PM me for more details.

SkyHigh, huh? Are they still in business?

Any info on LUK? How long to hold it? Runs? Looking at options in case I get canned from my current employer...

SkiHigh is an old screen name of mine, not sure what the business you're referring to is...

I'm doing the same thing as UND_Flyer, trying to shore up some job options for the inevitable furlough. I did all my flight instructing in Nashville and I now commute from MEM for work--I am looking to make the move back to BNA.

Thanks for the info,

CC

When you say night runs, when is that? Obviously its at night but are we talking 1000pm and later?

Reason I ask, the girlfriend is concerned with me flying from 600p and later causing us never to see each other (she works 9 to 5) --

Impossible to say on how long to hold a particular base/run. Changes by the week. That said, from what I remember, LUK opened up less often than some others. I tried to move to Nashville for about 3 months, and nothing opened up. Then it opened up the week after I had committed to stay in St. Louis for upgrade. The good news is if you do your month or two somewhere you don't want to be, they'll work hard to get you where you do want to be, but no guarantees.

There weren't a whole lot of night runs at CPS, and the ones that there were were short and back before midnight. However, Florida is full of all-nighters, and I know at least some of the BNA Baron runs flew during the wee hours.

You'd be amazed at how used to not seeing your girlfriend much during the week you can get :). Also: How did your poor fragile snowflake handle it when you went out on a four day? Even if you get a day run, if you want to make any money, you're going to have a long duty day, often 12-14 hours. When you get home you're not going to be in any shape to play house. That's why it's called "work", son.

Incidentally, if you want to do a little scouting on runs, open flight aware. The flights all have three digits. First digit "3" indicates Nashville (and Atlanta, maybe?), "7" St. Louis/Little Rock/KC, "9" Cinci, "1" Orlando...Can't remember em all, but you get the idea. Or, if you prefer, just click on the airport and scroll through the arrivals/departures for the "FLX" prefix.

Boris speaks the truth. It took me 7 months and some change to get BNA, while others grabbed it right out of training.

When I say night runs, they depend. My favorite run dutied on in BNA at about 1515, flew to FTY, and returned to BNA at about 0500. Best darned run in the system if you ask me. 14 hours of duty, 2.5 hours of flying.

As far as seeing each other, you have the mornings and the weekends. That should be plenty for any healthy couple.

However, Florida is full of all-nighters

Ain't that the truth. I forget the run number, but the poor soul out of ORL that did TPA/FXE/OPF a half dozen times each night...

If you get the radioactive special on the end of 803 out of TPA, that makes for a VERY long night/morning. That was my red carpet to the freight dawg world on my very first night.

Ain't that the truth. I forget the run number, but the poor soul out of ORL that did TPA/FXE/OPF a half dozen times each night...

If you get the radioactive special on the end of 803 out of TPA, that makes for a VERY long night/morning. That was my red carpet to the freight dawg world on my very first night.

Lots of those down there. I remember when I was cirsed with the nightly FXE-ORL-TPA-FXE-OPF-TPA-ORL.

Yeah, about that . . . :panic:

Back