Flight Bags

I use Sporty's flight bag. It's just about the right size for all my crap!

Man, I can't imagine not having one!

Cencal's are really durable and have a ton of options in terms of sizes, pockets, colors etc. I intentionally bought a smaller size. Seems the bigger you buy, the more "stuff" you end up carrying.

For most things buying by mail or online is the way to go both convince wise and financially.... but for certain things like headsets and flightbags you really need to handle it in person before you take the plunge. Flight bags aren't as much as most aviation things but at $100 a pop (at least) they aren't cheap, and you might as well know how your crap's gonna fit before you buy.

Oh I did not realize all you were getting was a headset bag!!! Still, like a pair of shoes, it's nice to try before you buy.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh I did not realize all you were getting was a headset bag!!! Still, like a pair of shoes, it's nice to try before you buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted =)

By the way, your sig is incomplete =P j/k
tongue.gif

I've seen a few instructors at my school with that bag, it's a nice one.

However, I've seen a couple of instructors with a bag from Wal-Mart. It's pretty sweet, room for your headset and other stuff. Check it out. I've heard it's less than 15 bucks.

Surf

Oh and if you want to go to Staples you can get one of those pro hard cases for a cool 40 bones (as opposed to the money eating Jepp cases for $200+)

Hard cases are majorly geeky if you're not actually flying the line.
blush.gif

I own the bag I mentioned in this thread from www.skyhighgear.com and am very happy with it. In the main compartment I've got 2" and 1" Jepp binders, a California Pilot's Guide, kneeboard, A/FD and a 2-D cell Mag Light with room to spare. The front and back pockets are well-organized, obviously designed specifically for pilots. The headset pockets are huge, big enough for even those chili-bowl-sized LightSpeeds. Oh, and it's all ballistic nylon, not cordura. At only $85, you'll easily pay twice that much for a comparable Cencal or Noral in ballistic.

[ QUOTE ]
Hard cases are majorly geeky if you're not actually flying the line.
blush.gif

I own the bag I mentioned in this thread from www.skyhighgear.com and am very happy with it. In the main compartment I've got 2" and 1" Jepp binders, a California Pilot's Guide, kneeboard, A/FD and a 2-D cell Mag Light with room to spare. The front and back pockets are well-organized, obviously designed specifically for pilots. The headset pockets are huge, big enough for even those chili-bowl-sized LightSpeeds. Oh, and it's all ballistic nylon, not cordura. At only $85, you'll easily pay twice that much for a comparable Cencal or Noral in ballistic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I got this same bag based on Aloft's earlier recommendation, and I am very happy with it, too. Their web site has many detailed pictures of it, so you can see exactly how it is configured.

[ QUOTE ]
I got this same bag based on Aloft's earlier recommendation, and I am very happy with it, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez Aloft, I hope you’re getting a kick back for all of your referrals!
grin.gif

Heh, don't I wish! I actually thought of offering to rep their stuff in SoCal since it really is a kickass flight bag, but I'm just happy to help out a fellow Ute (U of Utah alum), even if he is married to a BYU chick.
grin.gif

Who's the Ute alum? I happen to a Ute alum also, o.k. I didn't graduate but I spent 3 long years there. And yes, I hate BYU!
tongue.gif

I went to the U, as did the owner of Sky High Gear, the company who makes those bags.

Incidentally, I did indeed send him an email after my previous post and he took me up on my offer, so it looks like I may become Sky High's Southern California sales rep! (And maybe even a JetCareers advertiser???
grin.gif
)

Back