Fleet Week 2008 Preview- Blue Angels

SierraPilot123

Here are a few photos from today's practice session. This looks to be another great weekend performance. For those of you in the area, it's worth a trip to watch the show. I can't beleive how close they get to the buildings. Within a hundred feet of a residential high rise at high-speed. It was perfect weather out there today. 70 degrees and calm winds.

http://web.me.com/renojoints/FleetWeek-2008/Photos.html

IMG_3016.jpg

Nice photos! I don't believe that they were within one hundred feet away from buildings. That's just crazy.

Nice photos! I don't believe that they were within one hundred feet away from buildings. That's just crazy.

You don't have to beleive me, but they were well within 150 ft of a high rise here. I had a zoom lens on so I couldn't even a take a photo it came soooo close. They cut in-between buildings on russian hill. Come see for yourself.

IMG_6772.jpg

IMG_6758.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

Hey, just because I don't believe you doesn't mean that it didn't happen. I just have to see them actually doing it, ya know? :)

I believe it. I remember a few years ago at the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Sea Show they came so close it was scary. They also blew out a bunch of windows in an unfinished building.

At the Chicago Air and Water Show, they were definatly getting close.

And the sneak came in from between buildings. =]

Those pictures are amazing! :drool: I just don't think I could do what the guy in the last picture was doing. :eek:

I was at Miramar last weekend, and they weren't allowed to break Mach 1.
Does SF let them?

...okay, I could be wrong. But, I don't think any mach capable aircraft are allowed to go supersonic anywhere near populous.

The Concord only went supersonic over the ocean. Also, last point been to many an airshow and don't remember any of the aerial display squadrons going supersonic!

...Again, I could be wrong!

...okay, I could be wrong. But, I don't think any mach capable aircraft are allowed to go supersonic anywhere near populous.

The Concord only went supersonic over the ocean. Also, last point been to many an airshow and don't remember any of the aerial display squadrons going supersonic!

...Again, I could be wrong!

No, I believe your right.
Just wanted to see if SF pulled some strings or something.
That'd be worth seeing.

No, I believe your right.
Just wanted to see if SF pulled some strings or something.
That'd be worth seeing.

That sonic boom in a megalopolis like SF would be very detrimental. Lots of flying broken glass and all coming in contact with other objects and people. Probably not good.

Ah, the Blue Angels. I've never seen them up close, but have seen them nearby when they flew over Coney Island in Brooklyn on either Memorial Day or Fourth of July. Amazing!
Now those guys have some serious you-know-whats! ;)

Back