Fixed wing add-on

meritflyer

Helicopter PPL looking to add fixed wing ASEL.

Without diving into part 61, what does he need to do?

Thanks.

dive into part 61 obviously

There are time requirements, the ones that say X amount must be in fixed wing, for some reason 10 is ringing a bell.

Maybe you should check:D

In airport. No FAR/AIM on me.

Just answer me or I will find you, little man. ;)

§ 61.63 Additional aircraft ratings (other than on an airline transport pilot certificate).
(b) Additional category rating. An applicant who holds a pilot certificate and applies to add a category rating to that pilot certificate:
(1) Must have received the required training and possess the aeronautical experience prescribed by this part that applies to the pilot certificate for the aircraft category and, if applicable, class rating sought;
(2) Must have an endorsement in his or her logbook or training record from an authorized instructor, and that endorsement must attest that the applicant has been found competent in the aeronautical knowledge areas appropriate to the pilot certificate for the aircraft category and, if applicable, class rating sought;
(3) Must have an endorsement in his or her logbook or training record from an authorized instructor, and that endorsement must attest that the applicant has been found proficient on the areas of operation that are appropriate to the pilot certificate for the aircraft category and, if applicable, class rating sought;
(4) Must pass the required practical test that is appropriate to the pilot certificate for the aircraft category and, if applicable, class rating sought; and
(5) Need not take an additional knowledge test, provided the applicant holds an airplane, rotorcraft, powered-lift, or airship rating at that pilot certificate level.

Back