FIRST TIME!

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why one couldn't jump out of a Cessna or something from above 1,500 feet

[/ QUOTE ]

I rather enjoy jumping out of Cessnas (or anything for that matter)...when I'm not flying them, of course!
wink.gif

In all seriousness, I'll just second what was already said. And add to that: pilots carrying parachutes for other than aerobatic flights is not feasible. Even if it were, jumping out at 1500 feet, unacustomed to freefall- you probably wouldn't stand a chance. In fact, I often think its rediculous for people who have never jumped out of a plane before to wear them during aerobatic flight at all. If the situation is that dire where you have to get out (structural failure, midair, etc.), you're probably just delaying the inevitable. Go skydiving sometime (not tandem either), and you'll see what I mean.
cool.gif

I wouldn't mind wearing a parachute, it'd be kinda fun, but imagine trying to get students to come back after you say "Oh yeah, put this thing on, just in case... "
shocked.gif

You're probably right, EatSleep, I've seen vids of folks on thier first non-tandem jump loose thier $#i+ midair, and have to have other jumpers fly (float? fall?) over to sort them out. At 1500AGL, with no one to help, you'd be the first one at the scene of the accident.

It's a bad thing to start off your aviation career by busting regs. That's all I'm going to say.

The airspeed indicator failed at about 55-65Knts (I'm guessing) on takeoff. They only realized it once it was way to late to abort take off. Just remember I was just the passenger. I didn't make the decisions.

They didn't make any fuss over it so I felt I didn't need to make one. I just supposed these kind of things happened all the time since it was my first time up in a small aircraft.

I'd like to thank everyone for making me more aware of what I should think and do if an instrument fails at any time. I'm quite against doing anything illegal or breaking regulations. And yes breaking the rules would be a bad way to start an aviation career. If I had known the rules or regulations, had been flying the plane, and was sure it was not safe or legal to continue believe me I would have gotten the aircraft on the ground as soon as possible.

-Amos

Back