First time into KTEB single piston

Mountain Man

My wife has been hired as a right seat "safety pilot" in a single piston. The owner is a Private Pilot that has a couple bad habits and can be a little slow to react.

They will be filing IFR and she wants as many useful tips, techniques, and foresight into what to expect from both Controllers and Pilots with Teterboro experience.

She's a professional pilot not a time building newbie. This trip is a business trip and it is happening. Please no sarcastic "We don't take kindly to your type round here" comments from the crusty captain audience, only helpful info.

Thanks!

I work arrivals into TEB. The biggest advice I can give is LISTEN to what you're being told to do (answer up the first time, don't make us have to repeat ourselves. Usually too busy to deal with that). Also keep your transmission short and to the point, know what you're going to say before you key up. And don't forget, if landing 6 or 1, cross DANDY at 1500', and if departing 24, 1500' til WENTZ.

What kind of aircraft?

Prepare for it to busy and pay a lot of fees. I've been to TEB dozens of times in piston singles. I'd maybe have your wife do the radios if the owner is a little slow.

Thanks everybody! From what I'm hearing here I think she can handle it no problem. Just has the extra workload of a less experienced pilot in the left seat.

Back