First Solo!!!

youngflyer

I just got back from my first solo at KSYR on rwy 28. It was amazing! We started by doing the traditional 3 touch and goes, actually 4, just to confirm that I was ready and my instructor told me to taxi back to exec air and drop him off and told me to do 3 touch and goes to a full stop. I did that and my first landing was good, my second landing was slightly botched because I barely bounced the airplane but managed to keep it on centerline, and after that second landing, I was determined to make the third landing a greaser and I came pretty close! This was one of the biggest accomplishments in my short life!! Thanks everyone on here for all of the advice!!!

1. The sun was in my eyes apparently.
2. The takeoff on runway 28. Also the time of the thought "Crap, I better be able to land this.
3. Taxiing back to parking trying to find a parking spot in between the T-38 Trainers, the king air, the citation X, and this very oddly shaped helicopter.

solocx0.jpg

solo12ta3.jpg

solo123pc5.jpg

Congrats!:rawk:

Great pics also!

How was the wind?

It started to change directions on me but it was only 8 knots so I could handle it. It was also really hazy. It brought the visibility down to about 7 SM which was not too bad but it sure was a change from the normal 20+ SM.

Good job, congratulations. I'll never forget mine where the local old timers heard of a solo going on so they came out to rate my landings with those big number cards!

Strange feeling when you look to your right and you realize your all alone huh? Congrats!
I know! I looked over for a glance and realized that there was not my instructor sitting there and when I turned back, i blew past the TPA but recovered from it!

Ohh god i kno the feeling!! We stopped on the runway after doing many to/ldgs and then my instructor says, "Well, I think I'm going to get out now." He opens the door, hops out, and I take off..all the while thinking, "Is he crazy for letting me fly this plane by myself?!?!?!?"

Congrats and happy flying :) !!!

Congratulations! I did my first solo at a practically abandoned airport with a 10,000ft. runway. Lots of room for error! I couldn't imagine doing it at a busy airport like SYR. Makes the challenge a lot tougher, so good job!

Congratulations! Just wondering, are all of your school's airplanes XXXLP? We are also XXXLP at my school.

Great feeling I bet, I remember my solo to this day, as im sure many others do as well. Keep going and goodluck with your future goals! Great Job and best of luck!

Back