First SOLO !!!

Congrats! Great feeling huh?
cool.gif

Did you get your shirt cut?

I soloed in a PA28-140 too. A '67 model...the carb heat and the mixture used the exact same style knob...only made that mistake once!
grin.gif

The picture is huge... I just checked the tripod member page, and it said something about bandwith being exceeded, and I have to pay for extra. Just realizing this, I can imagine how much Doug has to pay for jetcareers.com !

I think you have to wait for a certain period of time before the bandwith allows more people to see the picture.

It was a wonderful experiance.

Mine is a '69 model, and the carb heat and mixture handles are totally different.

Congratulations man, how many hours do you have? I hope to be making a similar post here pretty soon.1.
Smokey...........................................................................

[ QUOTE ]
The picture is huge... I just checked the tripod member page, and it said something about bandwith being exceeded, and I have to pay for extra.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some tips to reduce size would be to cut out any unnecessary parts of the photo, like some of the sky or the ramp, and a little bit on the sides. Also using a decent photo editer resize the photo to a maximum width of 640 or so pixels, or maximum height of 480. Also a lot of photo editors will allow you to determine how much JPEG compression you want to use, so you can find the right file size without sacrificing too much quality. Ulead PhotoImpact seems to be a decent program, and it's not too expensive either.

Anyway, these steps will allow you to post more photos, and allow more people to see them.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Your link didn't work; is it just my computer?

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, nevermind; it just worked. I think you were right about the bandwidth and all.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Some tips to reduce size would be to cut out any unnecessary parts of the photo, like some of the sky or the ramp, and a little bit on the sides. Also using a decent photo editer resize the photo to a maximum width of 640 or so pixels, or maximum height of 480. Also a lot of photo editors will allow you to determine how much JPEG compression you want to use, so you can find the right file size without sacrificing too much quality. Ulead PhotoImpact seems to be a decent program, and it's not too expensive either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's gibberish to me...
smile.gif

As far as how much total time I have:

I don't have my logbook at home... the flight school keeps it because it's Part 141 flying.
But looking at the receipts so far, around 13 hours.

FYI, that logbook does not have to be retained by the school. While Part 141 schools do have to maintain a very detailed record of your training, they are not required to keep your logbook. The book is a very important part of your life right now so make sure you keep it on you or in a safe place. See Part 141.101 (a) and (b). I always have my logbook with me and I would never leave it at school! At best, you should always make sure you have a current copy of the last page and all your endorsements in case it is lost or destroyed.

Congrats on your first solo! Your first solo cross country is coming soon and you will feel great when you land at your destination: you can actually take off, navigate, and successfully land somewhere that is seemingly a million miles away, all by yourself. Good luck!

Way to go! I remember that first solo, and I remember the big ole smile I had the whole way through the pattern.

I remember my 1st solo..... Runway 02 @ OGG (Maui)..constant winds. Let me see if I remember... "dip the left wing a bit...little right rudder..trying to keep it straight..finally on the ground".. you should have heard my southern drawl accent on the radio....in Maui..... real professional...
tongue.gif

PS. It was on my 30th birthday !

Dan

Back