First Passenger

DansMom

Dan passed his oral and practical tests and got his private pilot certificate yesterday
smile.gif
and today he took up his first passenger -Dad. I meant to give them a little advice that I gleaned from these boards, but I forgot in the excitement of the moment. They flew over the river and also circled our house. I think Dad was really enjoying it until he started feeling pretty queasy - He stuck his head outside the window and fertilized the countryside. They washed off the outside of the plane after they landed. Dad wasn't smiling like I expected when they got home! I guess I'll go up soon but I'll remember to bring a bag.
wink.gif

Awww comon aloft! At least he'll never forget the bags again!

Dan'sMom, that's fantastic (the flight, that is)! I'm sure you'll have a blast when you go up with him too. My mom was my first passenger, the day I got the private
laugh.gif

No, I'm sure he won't forget them next time!

Congrats to Dan, and welcome to the "brotherhood"!

[ QUOTE ]
Dan'sMom, that's fantastic (the flight, that is)! I'm sure you'll have a blast when you go up with him too. My mom was my first passenger, the day I got the private
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My mum was my first passenger too - my father needed more encouragement to come along for the ride.

Forgotten barg bags....

Or maybe this is how it went:

Dad: This is pretty cool

Dan: Yeah, remember that time you wouldn't let me borrow the car (slams plane into 60 degree left bank)

Dad: Ohhh...Ahhhh

Dan: Hey look, there's mom waiving at us, I'll swing it around so you can see (slams plane into 60 right bank)

Dad: I don't feel so good....

Dan: Why don't you open the window...maybe that will help...

Dad: Barf (pukes out window)

Dan: Oh...sorry dad....

Re: Forgotten barg bags....

LOL Naah - Dan's a sweet kid. Actually, he was letting Dad try to fly straight and level, and it wasn't too straight and level. Dad did it to himself!

Dad has had some experiences with motion sickness in the past. When we were dating we went to an amusement park, because I loved the rides. He did everything until he finally let me know he couldn't take anymore. He was dizzy for over a day! Another time there was a little carnival I wanted to go to - I said we'd only go on the tame rides. He lost it on the paratrooper ride! I've never done that to him again. One time he got sick when he was snorkling. He's flown a lot on the airlines, and has never been sick there, and today was the perfect day, so he thought there'd be no problem. (Actually, he never thinks he'll have a problem. He's an optimist.) He must get the motion sensitivity from his grandfather. Grandpa was a navy doctor and on his first shipboard assignment, from Seattle to Pearl Harbor, he was sick the whole way. They gave him a desk job after that.

Back