First Inning: JBLU 0 DAL 1

And you are right also. Who knows where Delta is going. As usual we dont get told to much about the big picture Leo has planned. 2010 will be interesting with the change in retirement. All the experience will be leaving.

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing I don't understand is the viseral hatred a lot of people have for JetBlue. Nowhere else, and against no other carrier, is this hatred more felt than against B6. A lot of people really and truely want this airline to fail. I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate them. I just get highly annoyed at people who say that the network carriers are dinosaurs that are doomed and that everyone should be like the discounters. And it's nice to have some proof from time to time that I'm right and the "experts" are wrong.

Anyone remember when PeoplExpress was going to revolutionize air travel and knock "The Top Five" off the planet?

056861.jpg

Well, Jetblue is still making money, they recently announced service to Boston, and have also worked out a deal with Airbus to receive two aircraft a year early, so maybe in instead of fighting the good fight, they elected to use the aircraft elsewhere. Delta has been trying to stomp on Airtran for years, no joy, oh yeah, Jetblue is making money.

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/031023/1108001277_1.html

NEWS WRAP: JetBlue's 3Q Profit More Than Doubles To $29M
Thursday October 23, 11:08 am ET
NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--JetBlue Airways Corp.'s third-quarter earnings more than doubled, as the discount airline continued to buck the difficult conditions experienced by the major carriers.
Net income rose to $29 million, or 39 cents a share, from $12.2 million, or 18 cents a share, in the prior third quarter.

Analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call (News - Websites) had forecast, on average, earnings of 38 cents a share.
Operating revenue rose 65.5% to $273.6 million from $165.3 million, a bit shy of analysts' consensus estimate of $276.5 million.
JetBlue said its third-quarter load factor - the percentage of seats on its flights that were filled - was a quarterly record 87.7%, on a capacity increase of 66.3%. Revenue passenger miles rose 72.1% to 3.2 billion.
The carrier, which ended the quarter with $600 million in cash and short-term investments, has prospered through its low fares, even lower expenses, and simple fleet.
"Our strong financial results this quarter are a result of great customer demand coupled with ongoing cost control diligence," Chief Executive David Neeleman said in a statement.

Not so fast Doug....

If you read that article again, you'll notice that all of their tickets are non refundable, BUT if you miss your flight you can make a change for $25 provided you call the airline before the flight departs.

Do you think it's that much of an accomplishment to see JetBlue leave ATL? What's going to happen to your customers when you reduce capacity again and raise ticket prices again?

Pretty soon you're going to see all domestic DAL flying done with green airplanes and SONG on the side.

[ QUOTE ]
At the end of each quarter, Jetblue has profit and Delta doesn't! End of story!

[/ QUOTE ]

10 or 15 years from now we'll see how "bad" Delta is doing and if Jet Blue is even still in busniess.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yup....Customer Service Crew/JFK.

[/ QUOTE ]

737 Dude: I'm going to pass my resume around to JetBlue when they open their BOS operations on January 7 for that exact position. I have a few questions regarding the CSA job. I would appreciate it if you took the time to answer them.

How many times do you have to "throw bags" or marshall aircraft?

Since the job is full time, do I get days off or do those come off my sick/vacation days?

Thanks!

P.S. To everyone else, sorry for hijacking the thread!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool....it will be nice to have a <font color="blue"> BLUE </font> brother at jetcareers!
grin.gif

As for your questions.

We have a bid for the ramp and customer service duties....but don't be scared us senior people usually like the ramp.

You will have regular days off,but you can also get MOT(mandotory overtime) on those days so for the first six months don't make any concrete plans.

Other than that I would say put in your resume NOW! There is also an internal bid going on for BOS....so some of the spots will be for the vets!.

Good luck and hope you make it to the family!
wink.gif

737 Dude:

I appreciate the response.

I asked about the days off question because I plan on continuing to obtain my ratings and stuff while working. That can be easily worked around the B6 sked though.

I sort of hamstrung here; I don't plan on graduating from Purdue until May of 2004. Do you still suggest that I fill out the online application now?

Speaking of the online app... should I do that or send them a resume and cover letter?

Thank you!

I did'nt realize that you were currently going to school.....my suggestion is to wait. There's no way you can do training and deal with be a rookie CSC member and go to school at the same time. I would wait until you graduate,although you may have to wait a bit(there might not be openings!). It just depends on how big we grow in BOS and what scheduling decides to do with the 190s. I'll try and keep you posted on that.

As for the app........send it online.....we're really big on computers here,you can send in your resume,but they usually pick though the online apps first.

Back