first flight tomorrow

tmurr

whats up everyone at jetcareers. im new to this site and just wanted to introduce myself. i just started attending westwind and my first flight EVER is set for tomorrow morning at 10. very nervous and very excited.

Awsome!!!
Your gonna have a blast, oh, and by the way you are probably not going to learn anything, I know I didn't my first flight...ya now you are just taking too much in at once. I think everyone can relate.

"You're on your way, Jose!"

— Deke Slayton, at Mission Control, to Alan Shepard at liftoff of Freedom 7, first American in space, 5 May 1961

Good luck
JetAmaster

You'll LOVE it!

At least I did. But just relax and ABSORB!

Unforgettable...
The only thing that came out of my mouth, (from take off to like 1500ft), on my first flight/lesson on a 152, was:
WOW..........WOW...........WOW........
shocked.gif
smile.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

To me, it was more exiting than my first solo.
Enjoy it, and good luck!

What you'll learn tommorow:

1) Hold that 70!
2) Keep that ball in the middle!

Hell, Im still learning that
blush.gif
tongue.gif
!

You want to know the truth? I didn't learn a thing when I first went up. Nothing. I was too slack jawed from the experience to do anything other than sit there and say, whoa, this is cool!

And it still is cool. But now that I don't have someone sitting in the right seat telling me what to do, I can no longer sit there slack jawed.

A whole new world will open up for you. My first lesson I kept thinking to myself “I’m flying a plane, how cool is that” It felt awkward, exciting and above all like a dream come true. I didn’t learn much, except that I couldn’t wait to do it again.

Best of luck, relax, enjoy and tell us how it went.

hey everyone. well my first flight was INCREDIBLE. i couldnt believe how amazing the feeling is when you grab the controls for the first time. greatest feeling ever. you guys are right though. im not so sure i learned much cuz i was so busy just obsorbing it all in. truly awesome.

I am a flight instructor, and lately I have taken up several people for their first flights ever. That is definitely one of my favorite parts of the job.

Back