First flight in 21 years

mjg407

Just got back from Davis Monthan Bone yard in Tucson. Aircraft was built in 1964, retired in 1989. Just flew yesterday...

the yard
relics.jpg

more
moreyard.jpg

albatross
albatross.jpg

our trusty steed.
152187.jpg

Our "tow" tractor
towtractor.jpg

the route to the airfield
taxiroute.jpg

runningbrush.jpg

finally on some concrete
ontarmac.jpg

airborne looking back at DMA
dma.jpg

Wow! Thats pretty cool! Was the plane being pulled back into military service or being sold overseas?

Must have been a neat feeling to get that plane airborne again...not sure if I would have been brave enough to go up in it on the first flight though :)

Wow! Thats pretty cool! Was the plane being pulled back into military service or being sold overseas?

Must have been a neat feeling to get that plane airborne again...not sure if I would have been brave enough to go up in it on the first flight though :)
Our guys to a good job on the airplane prior to our flying it. We also do some major ORM prior to taking the runway.

It's part of FMS (foreign military sales). We do the structural work on it prior to delivery. I've delivered 1 to Lisbon and 2 to Brazil so far.

The old bird spreads it's wings and takes to the sky once again. What a beautiful sight. Great pics. How much will that airplane cost me? lol.

Thanks all. Here are a couple of more.
This cockpit has seen better days...
oldckpit.jpg

blackhawk circling about
blackhawk.jpg

Back