First Emergency as a Pilot!

Nice job...I know how scary that thing can be. Tell my wife about it, when we were still dating in high school she went up with me in a 152 and engine went out on long final...Not near as difficult as your experiance of having engine out 300 ft out with high terrain with populated areas in front of you...

Those are some really interesting stories! I am so glad that no one was injured and that you made a safe landing.

Thats really good. Its nice to have a problem once and a while to keep you from thinking your all that. But really, thats a good job. I know when I had my loss of partial power I did alot wrong(and learned for it). Way to go!
cool.gif

Well done recovery but turning back kills more pilots than straight ahead. Go to NTSB site and read reports. Anyway you made it and we're all happy about that!!!

I'm Glad your still with us.. Great Job Handling the Situation.

I hope they get that Aircraft checked out before letting someone take it up.... I'd hate to be the guy who does the

FCF ( you know that that is EODFE )

Speaking of FCF we have a couple of those tomorrow.
We gotta work this weekend and get these planes in an up status( aka Prop Changes, high powers, FCF, etc
shocked.gif
)
Hopefully we get Columbo day off !!!
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nice save, eodfe.

Too bad stuff like that never makes the papers: "Local Pilot Keeps His Cool and Lands With No Engine; 2 Lives Saved."

[/ QUOTE ]

The local paper doesn't know about the save, but a crashed plane is hard to miss. Maybe someone should drop them a hint.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice job, glad you are safe. What airport? Centennial?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Centennial runway 10.

Just found out from the flying club, the airplane this happened in blew two cylinders. Thats why the oil loss and the oil on the left side of the plane, it came out the exhaust which is on the left.

Back