First Class Medical

Visceral

Even the good people at FSI can't explain why this is required. Any guesses from the Jetcareers regulars? /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

Maybe they don't want guys getting 3rd class medicals when they'll eventually need a 1st class....What's the point of dropping thousands of dollars if you can't meet the medical requirements of your future employer?

That was how is explained to me. Why not get a first class anyway? I dont think there is a big difference in cost.

Thats just it though. Not everyone who goes to Flight Safety wants to go to a regional or major is what I'm assuming. And you can fly as a commercial pilot with a 2nd class medical for a year.

If you can pass a 2nd class, and are under 35, you essentially have in your hands a 1st class...that's what the local medical examiner told me, since you don't get the EKG until you hit 35. I called the number he gave me at the FAA for medical certificates, and they confirmed it all. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

You are right...the cost difference is minimal, but I just got a 2nd class recently, and it would have been a pain to go back 2 months later to up it. I don't have to now though.

Visceral,

"but I just got a 2nd class recently, and it would have been a pain to go back 2 months later to up it. I don't have to now though."

Granted it would be a pain, but since your physical is current, all they would require for the upgrade, would be a formality in the paperwork. I doubt it, if they would require you, to do the physical all over again.

I would imagine, that all of the (Part 121 and 135) operators are requiring a 1st class physical, so you might as well take of it now, and you not worry about it later. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

How much does a first class cost? Just a round figure would be good. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

kdwilkes,

If I would have done my physical in florida, I would have had it at a discount. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif I paid under $90, with the local AME at JFK, here in New York, life is expensive. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

I've got you all beat! $234.00 But I got the EKG too just to make sure that the old ticker was good. I think that added about $90.00 to the price.

Dave

Back