First aircraft recommendations

Funny...

They list the C-210, Sundowner, Bonanza, and Mooney as airplanes for a new student to consider, but not an Arrow??

My feeling is that you can't go wrong with a Pitts. That's just me though. I like Waco's a lot, but that is a little impractical for a first airplane. I vote Pitts.

My feeling is that you can't go wrong with a Pitts. That's just me though. I like Waco's a lot, but that is a little impractical for a first airplane. I vote Pitts.

Tell that to the guy who slid down the runway (upside down:banghead:) 3 times before buying his Eagle...

And it wasn't his first airplane either.:panic:

sad thing is, this is true...

Tell that to the guy who slid down the runway (upside down:banghead:) 3 times before buying his Eagle...

And it wasn't his first airplane either.:panic:

sad thing is, this is true...

Wow - put it on its back three times?

Is an Eagle more humane than a Pitts?

For him it was :D

I think that was supposed to be a big improvement over the Pitts, but I am not sure. The new Pitts (S2C) is supposed to be better behaved on the ground as well, but I am not sure what they did to improve it. I think a Pitts will probably just do what you tell it to do, like a Luscome or other maligned airplanes - but I don't have enough time in anything to make that statement so it is just a theory coming from me. Seems like the only two airplanes that I know of that deserve their reputations are Howard DGA's and T-6's.

Back