Firebirds 2...Yeh or Neh?

Low_Level_Hell

Yeh!

At least one good thing about OEF/OIF is that it now allows for the perfect setting for Firebirds 2, unlike tracking down some drug cartel's merc helo (everyone knows you don't send a helicopter to shoot down another helicopter, you send a damn jet). Also Tommy Lee Jones would be non-existant and Sean Young Scott would hopefully die in the opening scene by falling out of her Kiowa and the plot would focus on Nic Cage's charactor CW4 Jake Preston kickin' some Haji ass in his Longbow.

I'm all for it. I'm working on a script right now.

As long as Apaches aren't in the movie it will be ok. :) Use AH-60s instead. Now that would be a cool movie!

I think you could design a gun platform for the R-22. The enemy will fall down laughing and Nic could shoot him with a BB that would cause a potentialy bad infection and take him out for at least a week.
Shane

Agreed... get rid of the longbows and and add something airwolf-ish. And instead of Warrant Officers flying, it should be pirates.
Yar!:yar:

And actually, the perfect setting for a Firebirds 2 is where Firebirds 1 should have been... in the trash. God that movie sucked balls.

Agreed... get rid of the longbows and and add something airwolf-ish. And instead of Warrant Officers flying, it should be pirates.
Yar!:yar:

Ooh! Ooh! I'm getting one of those headaches with pictures ... an idea! Look at how well those Pirates of the Carribean movies did. I'm thinking a movie about a scrappy band of Helicopter Pirates would be awesome. Sort of like the A-Team meets Airwolf meets Whirlybird meets Six Pack meets Tale Spin meets My Name is Ed.

I'd be all over that like a fat man on cake.

I like it. I really do.

From now on, I'm no longer a helicopter pilot, I'm a helicopter pirate. Wonder if the FAA would change my certificate to reflect that?

And Shane, only Apache Pilots wear panties on their heads.

I am sorry to hear that. I was under the impression all Rucker alumni have had panties on the head.

Where on the ship would the jolly roger be hung?

"Helicopter Pirates" -- hmm, that's got the auditory appeal of "Snakes on A Plane".

Perhaps we should start a "Helicopter Pirates" website, get some hype going and maybe Samuel L. Jackson will star in it for us? :)

"I'm sick and tired of the *!@%! pirates on this *!@!*& helicopta!"

I am liking where this is going! Naturally the helicopter would have to be a Chinook, because there ain't no room for any #$$%%! pirates on most other helicopters.

I was hooking a sling load to the Hookers from Bragg when I looked up to see a giant smiley face around the cargo hook. Maybe the Jolly Roger could be painted on the bottom.

I'm thinking a movie about a scrappy band of Helicopter Pirates would be awesome.

Ok I'm getting the picture, a Chinook, Direct Action Penetrator (which is the official and very gay name for the up-armoured Blackhawk), and a armed R22 troll around the South Pacific coast hijacking shimpments of designer cloths and cheap watches. All of a sudden Mr. Preston dives out of no where and gets the DAP bird with a hellfire, gets the Chinook with a 30mm IHADSS shot, and simply stares at the R22 til it explodes. I'll volunteer myself for the stunt flying. We'll use real aircraft and ordinance when filming.

I don't know...this sounds like material for the strait-to-video Firebirds 5.

Low_Level_Hell;427531 I don't know...this sounds like material for the strait-to-video [I said:
Firebirds 5.[/I]

Except it will be an animated version put out by Disney with Tim Allen as the voice of the main character.

ahh Firebirds ... barf. I was a Warrant Officer Candidate at Mother Rucker when that movie came out. We marched over to the movie theater where the movie was previewing for the first time. A bunch of brass from the Pentagon were there and of course some of the main charater actors and directors and PR people were there. I sat two seats from a One Star General and when the movie ended it was akwardly quiet and all of a sudden the General says to a bunch of us sitting nearby ... "That Sucked!"

As a side bar a good friend of ours was driving over to visit when her 4 yr. old asked .... Mom is Mr. C650CPT (me), was a nice guy? She told him I was ... then he asks her ... Does he hurt people? Now curious she ask him why he is asking these questions ... He says ... Well because you told me he is a pirate (pilot). I am now known as Jim the Pirate!

ARDY HAR HAR!!!!

Ok I'm getting the picture, a Chinook, Direct Action Penetrator (which is the official and very gay name for the up-armoured Blackhawk), and a armed R22 troll around the South Pacific coast hijacking shimpments of designer cloths and cheap watches. All of a sudden Mr. Preston dives out of no where and gets the DAP bird with a hellfire, gets the Chinook with a 30mm IHADSS shot, and simply stares at the R22 til it explodes. I'll volunteer myself for the stunt flying. We'll use real aircraft and ordinance when filming.

I don't know...this sounds like material for the strait-to-video Firebirds 5.

I love the helo crew...

Yeah and you should also throw a few more hamsters in the engine to increase the horsepower if you are carrying guns and missles.

If you are going to arm the R22 with a BB gun, just make sure you have a skinny pilot flying it.

Back