Fireball?

jskibo

Done
thanks Todd :)

Alko recalls Fireball liqueur over propylene glycol concerns
Finland’s state-owned alcohol retailer announced Monday that it was pulling bottles of Fireball liqueur from store shelves. The move follows a decision by its Swedish counterpart Systembolaget to recall the beverage over concerns that it contained the mineral oil propylene glycol.

Image: Alko Oy
In a statement issued Monday Finland's state alcohol monopoly Alko said that the Fireball brand liqueur had been prepared according to North American food regulations and therefore does not meet the requirements of the European Union’s tighter regulations concerning recommended levels of propylene glycol.

According to Alko, the substance isn’t necessarily detrimental to individuals’ health, although it is used in a wide range of cases from de-icing compounds in the aviation industry to the preparation of snack foods. It’s also used in alcoholic beverages as a flavour carrier.

I just came here to post that same article!

I thought it would be of special interest to my fellow NetworkJC'ers, seeing as how we consumed a fair amount last week (an understatement, perhaps?).

On a positive note, winter is just around the corner, my blood should flow freely this season.

Sean

You're covered in the stuff all winter. What difference does it make? More shots! :)
Propylene glycol is actually safe for consumption and used as a food additive in lots of things(check out those water flavorers). It has a very sweet taste. It is also the coolant used in food production because if some manages to get into the food, it is still safe to consume.
Ethylene glycol, on the other hand is very toxic. Type I and IV are made from both or either, no real way to tell unless you know the brand being used.
Oh the difference a carbon makes.

Shopping last night.

image-1147343413.jpg

Saw a bit on @midnight last night about the wedding photographer who stuck a GoPro to a fireball bottle and then filmed people taking hits off of it. Weird.

Back