FIRC recommendations that don’t suck

I note the quality (yes, there are a few) channels on YouBoobz don't have to pester you like that.
You and me both…or that make a joke of it.

My fav YouTube channel is Drachinifel (if you’re into nerdy warship/naval history). He occasionally has a minute sponsor pimp, but mostly it’s just awesome content.

Some of the random channels I like are This Old Tony (sporatic), Periscope Films, Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews, Black Pants Legion and a couple of very random and esoteric Warhammer 40k channels (Luetin09 and Oculus Imperia).

Well... I'm going with the King's (Mostly on Richman's rec) that and they have a 23% off sale because of Oshkosh this week so it's only $97 and they handle all the paperwork.

To quote Saurman, "I have elected the way of pain." (for the next 16+ hours at least)

Well... I'm going with the King's (Mostly on Richman's rec) that and they have a 23% off sale because of Oshkosh this week so it's only $97 and they handle all the paperwork.

To quote Saurman, "I have elected the way of pain." (for the next 16+ hours at least)

Funny enough, I just did their FIRC program this week after buying it at Oshkosh. The on site special was $60, too hard to pass up. Some of the questions are a little misleading and you'll miss a question or two because of semantics. Oh, and they require you to fill out your own IACRA and provide the FTN before starting the course, then about 2/3s of the way through it you'll get this gem:

1691284584541.jpeg

I’m looking to find a new FIRC. Typically when I ask about this the top-voted answer is one of the ones that includes lifetime renewals because they're the cheapest. I don’t care about that this year.

Is there a FIRC whose content is actually interesting (i.e. doesn't feel like watching paint dry or death by PowerPoint?) Would like something engaging that requires user interaction, or good videos or something as opposed to just reading text on a screen and then taking a test when the time runs out. Maybe a podcast I can listen to in the car?

I’ve used ACECFI and Gleim. Hate them both.
I've said this before. Now, I'm saying it again....

Online FIRCS are almost all fairly lame. That said, KING SCHOOL's FIRC at least tends to include the changes that have taken place over the past decade or so. They're not always completely up to date, but they do a pretty good job of maintaining relevant currency in their course content.

You've got to pay a bit more, but you know, Scrow... you get what you pay for, eh? Plus, if you register as a CFI, you'll get "free" access to a lot of other really great course content. You can use that stuff for your students, or for your own personal review.

Plus! You still get to view Martha's awesome hairdo!

I'm on the fence - do another FIRC, or get an MEI? Leaning towards the MEI. This will be the 5th FIRC (avoided 2 more by doing CFI rides). Best case the MEI is 35 times the price though.
See just above. I miss-replied. That post was for you.

I'm on the fence - do another FIRC, or get an MEI? Leaning towards the MEI. This will be the 5th FIRC (avoided 2 more by doing CFI rides). Best case the MEI is 35 times the price though.
How much? I know multi is expensive these days

Well... done with my FIRC.

That was painful - and I stretched it out. Didn't try to sprint through. The material was fine, the videos were fine. Honestly, other than helping out with the Aviation Club for my kids middle/H.S. I'm not going to be doing anything with the cert. for the next 2 years.

Totally worth it, would use it again. Other than the ambigious test questions as mentioned above. (Gotta remember to buy it when it's on sale though)

Back