Finishing dispatch school!

Update: I landed my second interview with Republic, any tips on how I should get ready for it? I believe that they are going to be asking me more technical questions this time around.

Update: I landed my second interview with Republic, any tips on how I should get ready for it? I believe that they are going to be asking me more technical questions this time around.

Just went through it myself. It’s very basic stuff. Review the FARs, weather (lots of weather), fuel requirements, things like that and you’ll be fine.

Good luck! When they ask where do you see yourself in 5 years, don't say American lol. More seriously, this is your time to shine and show that even though you you don't have experience you at least know your book stuff. Know the basic regs (especially 1-2-3 rule), some ask about approach charts and minimums, some don't. As long as you have been studying your rear end off in dispatch school, you shouldn't see any crazy curveballs.

best of luck! stay calm cool and collective. when they ask at the end of the interview: "Do you have any questions for us?" always ask them what they love about the company or something about what makes an employee shine here...etc....

youre going to do great! let us all know what happens.

best of luck! stay calm cool and collective. when they ask at the end of the interview: "Do you have any questions for us?" always ask them what they love about the company or something about what makes an employee shine here...etc....

youre going to do great! let us all know what happens.
Note taken!! And I will, you guys are like my dispatcher guardians now lol

I worked for the airline that I'll be doing dispatch for next month. They paid for my classes in exchange for a 3-year commitment. They have reminded me multiple times that the amount is prorated if I get a better job before then. To me it says a lot that a regional carrier realizes that they may be a stepping stone on your way to a career with a larger airline later. There are some people there who have stayed long term so it's not like it's a bad place to work, they just understand that it's a part of most people's journey but not the entire journey.

I said something along those lines and I was still hired

I worked for the airline that I'll be doing dispatch for next month. They paid for my classes in exchange for a 3-year commitment. They have reminded me multiple times that the amount is prorated if I get a better job before then. To me it says a lot that a regional carrier realizes that they may be a stepping stone on your way to a career with a larger airline later. There are some people there who have stayed long term so it's not like it's a bad place to work, they just understand that it's a part of most people's journey but not the entire journey.

It's nice that they are understanding. Unfortunately right now I think that you may end up not owing them any money if your goal is to make it to a major...but never say never, as travel appears to be rebounding pretty strongly right now. Thanks in part to 9/11, I ended up at working in the regional section for quite a bit over three years, but I still made it to a major eventually. :cool:

It's nice that they are understanding. Unfortunately right now I think that you may end up not owing them any money if your goal is to make it to a major...but never say never, as travel appears to be rebounding pretty strongly right now. Thanks in part to 9/11, I ended up at working in the regional section for quite a bit over three years, but I still made it to a major eventually. :cool:
I'm not stressing one way or the other about if or when I'll move to a different company. I just appreciate that they have a realistic outlook on things. personally, I think it's one of the better companies I've worked for aviation and non-aviation. So I'm happy to stay as long as I need to.

I saw Kalitta had a flight following opening. Are they actually hiring?

While I'm on the subject, how hard is it to get small cargo shipping dx jobs ?

Last edited:
I saw Kalitta had a flight following opening. Are they actually hiring?

While I'm on the subject, how hard is it to get small cargo shipping dx jobs ?

yea thats a job opening for Kalitta Charters 2 which is not for the kalitta air LLC.. Kalitta Charters 2 operates smaller a/c..id still apply for the job tho if ur interested. I used to work at Kalitta air and it was enjoyable for the time that I was there.

yea thats a job opening for Kalitta Charters 2 which is not for the kalitta air LLC.. Kalitta Charters 2 operates smaller a/c..id still apply for the job tho if ur interested. I used to work at Kalitta air and it was enjoyable for the time that I was there.

Thanks for pointing that out. KalittaAir has a "aircraft scheduler" position. Is that what they call their dispatchers?

Thanks for pointing that out. KalittaAir has a "aircraft scheduler" position. Is that what they call their dispatchers?

negative. The aircraft scheduler ha does the routing of aircraft. You should be looking for”flight follower” in all 135 operations such as kalitta

Is there anything you all would suggest to study before starting the first day of ground school?

I dont see an issue in asking the trainers or the dispatch manager if you can get a copy to the flight ops manual or any FIB to look over before you start. I did this and it was good to be familiar with the different sections in the manual before you go in depth during training.

Hi everyone its been a minute but, just landed my second interview with Endeavor Air! Any tips on how I should get ready for this round? I believe its the last interview before they offer me anything.

Back