Finished ACPP!

Captain_Bob

Hi there everybody,

Just dropping a note to say that I have successsfully completed the 90 day ACPP program!
smile.gif

It is a surreal experience. Not too long ago... in fact... It was just a few months ago that got my Private License (My PPL Experience) and I was trolling JC.com for info on ATP's program... I got lot's of great advice and a whole lot of questions answered from existing and former students within the program... so a big Thank You to the JC community.

I feel it was the right choice, and the best choice for the money... I would not trade my experiences for anything. Where else would I have had the opportunity to fly to places like Tampa, Jacksonville, Memphis, Chicago, Phoenix, Sacremento, Portland, Oregon, Etc... Heck, I even got vectored over Jaurez, Mexico on final to El Paso at night... That was pretty cool too!

Now it's out in the real world. I'm hitting the pavement running with resume in hand. Ironically, it's the first resume I've ever made where my previous 15 years work experience has pretty much nothing to do with the position I am currently seeking... But, I've always loved the challenge... and I love to fly... so I believe it will be worth it.

All signs are pointing to a turnaround in the industry right now... American just announced a recall of 390 flight attendants, and the Regionals are still growing strong! This is the right time to train folks... You need to be ahead of the game. Don't let others stand in the way of your dreams. Whether or not you choose ATP... follow your dreams.

Thanks for reading... and thank you again to the JC community for your support. I hope to provide the same support for others in my situation.

Keep dreaming and keep flying, but don't do both at the same time!
smile.gif

Bob

Congrats Bob, its a great feeling isn't it? Did you just finish? Is joe done too? If you have joe's email could pm me it? thanks Hope to see you in the office soon.

Hey there Soonermurph! Thanks for the well-wishes... I also just thought I should say congrats to your team (OU) last week! If I was a Texas Fan... I wouldn't have been very happy...

However, I believe we (Texas Tech) are playing you late in the season... Should be a good game if Symons keeps throwing the way he has... 2,954 yards and 27 touchdowns over the first six games of the season! We're not ranked... but it should be a hell of a game... Tech's been known to spoil a few winning streaks.

Keep in touch!

Bob

Brian,

Joe actually finished a week before me... My checkride got delayed 3 times due to weather! He's in Houston with his wife... I think he said he needed a break since he's been flying pretty much non-stop since he started ATP's PPL program. I don't have an e-mail on him, but I do have his Cell Number. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll forward it to you.

Hope to see you in the office soon too... It should be no secret that ATP would be my first choice!

Bob

Hey Bob......
Fancy meeting you here! So what are you going to do now?
If you can't guess who this is....well, then shame on you.

Holy Crap! What's up Chip! Welcome to JC.com! Never thought I'd see you around here... Don't know why...
smile.gif

Anyway... LOTS of resources here Chip... enjoy it.

I'm planning a huge DFW Tour of Flight Training Schools next week with resume in hand. Of course I'll be submitting to ATP as well, but you never know.

What about you? You in Phoenix yet?

Bob

Not in Phoenix yet...but it's getting just cold enough up here where I'm thinking about leaving soon. I really don't have a plan as of yet...but have been considering buying a twin with some other guys and flying the hell out of it for a while. It's either that or I start looking for some sort of job.....ooh and that would not be fun..lol

is it getting to cold for you in Chicago Chippy?? it's nice and warm in Miami. go watch the Marlin's play in the World Series.
tongue.gif

Ooh that was low.....you know we would have won the whole series if it wasn't for that guy trying to catch the ball in the stands..........:)

[ QUOTE ]
is it getting to cold for you in Chicago Chippy?? it's nice and warm in Miami. go watch the Marlin's play in the World Series.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. I was on an ORD layover last night. Lots of sullen faces and crying folks around Rock Bottom Brewery.

Ok...Ok...maybe it was not that guys fault.....but since the Cubs have not been in the World Series since 1908, and since they should have won that series with the Marlins, I need to find my reasons somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
I need to find my reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because they are lousy???
tongue.gif

Just kidding. I don't even watch baseball.

Back