Finally DONE!

mkeflyer

After 1600sm round trip driving and 3 months later, I am now a higher paid FAA trainee (Tower) and back home.

More strips than you can imagine - nervers - facility manager sitting behind you - nerves - then you realize that the problem is rather slow. Few conflicts, then 40 minutes is gone just like that. Congrats. Now comes the hard part.

I am so jealous and despise you right now....I got here about a week after you and still have over a month to go before I get out of this forsaken place...and to make it even worse my friend who was here for a tracon class arrived 2 weeks after me and started at his facility yesterday.... (INCLUDING BASICS!!!!) Another reason I wish I got a tower or tracon.....oh well I will be gone soon enough.

I am so jealous and despise you right now....I got here about a week after you and still have over a month to go before I get out of this forsaken place...

We arrived several weeks BEFORE all the Tracon guys that are now leaving...we still have something like 22 more days here! :banghead: At least we are done with OKC...the people that are going to up/downs get to come back for a month and finish radar training! :buck:

We arrived several weeks BEFORE all the Tracon guys that are now leaving...we still have something like 22 more days here! :banghead: At least we are done with OKC...the people that are going to up/downs get to come back for a month and finish radar training! :buck:

You make a very good point..... I never have to come back unless I choose to do something different.....

Does anyone know as far as the up/down facilities go, when you go back to the academy for the radar part, do you have a PV at the end of that or do you just train and then go back to your facility to check out?? I saw a post somewhere on here that someone said no PV for the radar portion if your going to an up/down.

When you come back depends on when you finish the other training at your facility. You get checked out on everything but the Radar portion then you come back to OKC and get checked out on the Radar. I am not sure if you PV or not.

There is really no way to know when you will come back. Some guys I have talked to came back 30 days after they were here for tower. It took some others several months before they had to get back. Some facilities want you to get checked out in the tower first. You do have a PV for radar but it's pass/pass. It will be on your last day.

Back