Ferry Rate

FYI-

The contract and terms have been accepted:

$300/Day away from Connecticut, including traveling days.

A private hotel room for every overnight.

cover the cost of all meals and travel expenses

one way ticket from KHOU-KBDL.

I am really looking forward to doing this flight. The gentleman I will be flying with seems like a real stand up guy, and I expect both him, and myself to learn a lot.

Someone asked before about my times in the airplane...A little over 500 hours in Cheetah's and Tiger's. My mechanic, who has been working on Grumman's since the early 80's, is close friends with the mechanic who'm as done the prebuy, and I trust his judgement. That said, this specific airplane is still unfamiliar, and since I will also be giving primary instruction to a student, I will try and do the flight in Day VFR conditions as
much as practical.

The flight will be flown via way of Taunton, MA-NYC (hudson cordor)-Indianapolis, IA. Second leg, Indianopolis-Houston. Anyone recommend any good fuel/food stops in between either NYC-Indianapolis/Indianopolis-Houston?

Thanks

mp
Ahh, Taunton, Ma. That's where I did my CFI at. Enjoy the crosswind. There's always one there. It sounds like a good flight for you two to learn a ton. Enjoy it.

As far as fuel stops, Columbus, Ohio is a fun town. There's the OSU airport...don't know about fuel prices, but I believe it's relatively close to some eating establishments. Another good spot would be DFW. Any airport there and you could have a mini JC M&G. Lots of DFW folks on here. Just ask and people will be able to point you in the right direction fuel wise in the area.

Enjoy the trip, don't let your stud. kill you, and post some pics afterwards, of course!!!:D

Back