Ferrari versus Jet

jetman

Today M Shumacher was going to go up against a new opponent an italian air force fighter jet.
The six times F1 champion was going to race his Ferrari against a Typhoon fighter jet over 3 distances: 500,1000 and 1500 meters,the plane is not allowed to leave the ground.
Experts are predicting the car will win the 2 shortest races,but the jet should win the 1500m
smirk.gif

The event at the Baccarini military base was going to be shown live on TV
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
the plane is not allowed to leave the ground

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what's the point of racing a plane then??? That'd be like racing Lance but not letting him have a bike.

...Who needs a Typhoon

I could take him no problem in my Warrior

I saw that yesterday. The Ferarri won.

[redneck voice]But if it wasn't one of them damn pansy ass Euro planes, and if it was a real man Mericun plane[redneck voice off]

[ QUOTE ]
I saw that yesterday. The Ferarri won.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ferarri won the 500 meter race, but lost the 800 and 1200 meter races. It was sort of cool to watch. The Typhoon was using it's afterburner (I think) and was pitched up at almost 40* but was staying on the ground.

Ethan

An F1 car and a fighter jet, what better paring could be made?!
(...well, mechanical anyway...)

Was this on SpeedTV or ESPN-what did you guys see this on? I'd love to see it even if it is a Ferrari event.
smirk.gif

High up there on the "cool-things-to-see-in-person" list is watching (and hearing) an F1 car go from 0-100mph in 3secs.

CNN and Fox News were both playing it around 7 PM (eastern) last night. I would bet you could find something about it on either of their websites.

Ethan

Back