FCC Restricted Radio Permit

Luke Froese

Has anyone gotten their FCC Restricted Radio Permit recently. Trying to do it online is not straight-forward at all. I've googled how to do it and I still don't get it. Am I making it harder than it is? Can anyone give me the FCC RR Permit for dummies version?

Yep, I was thinking the same... it would be pretty straight forward, boy was I wrong. I believe you have to click under the ULS link, and they give you a reference number, which you use to log into the system, but you need to register first in order to get that... good luck we are all counting on you!

Looking through friends airline apps, I keep seeing this on there......is this something we are prequalified for, given FAA cert holder, or do you need to do something extra to get it?

It's an extra you must have to comply with ICAO. Other countries do separate radio exams.

Copy. And sorry what I meant was is this a requirement specific to baseline 121 ops? 135 too? Or is it just specific to international flying/HF oceanic route usage regardless of type of operation/part (the last was my guess).....nobody I know who has one seems to know the reason why.

Copy. And sorry what I meant was is this a requirement specific to baseline 121 ops? 135 too? Or is it just specific to international flying/HF oceanic route usage regardless of type of operation/part (the last was my guess).....nobody I know who has one seems to know the reason why.

Any FAA flying outside the US. Can't go Nordo through the Adiz after all...

Back