FCC radio license

If you're talking about a Restricted Radiotelephone Operator's permit - simply send them money and fill out a form then they send you the license. I'll try to find the link...

Here ya go

Fill out form 605 and 159 send it in with around $50 (I forget the exact ammount) and in a couple days you get a license.

[ QUOTE ]
simply send them money and fill out a form then they send you the license.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds like PFT for radio!!
laugh.gif

You've gotta have it for some airlines.

It's stupid, costs you $50, but you've got to have it.

And it was free up until the late 1990's and then the gubmint started the $50 fee.

And don't lose it! If you lose it, it'll cost you another $50 to replace it.

What happens if you no longer live at the address that is on it? Mine has my old address on it...is it still good, or are they gonna suck another $50 out of me?

This may be a stuipd question, but whats the point of having a licence if you dont have to take a test or anything? Isnt the point of a licence to say "yeah, this guy took the test and is up to standards?" Sounds more like a recipt to me....

[ QUOTE ]
This may be a stuipd question, but whats the point of having a licence if you dont have to take a test or anything? Isnt the point of a licence to say "yeah, this guy took the test and is up to standards?" Sounds more like a recipt to me....

[/ QUOTE ]

Since the license is only necessary for international, I suspect the requirement has something to do with conforming to ICAO regulations.

Back