FCAPA.org is up and running again....

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
That's right - FCAPA is finally back up.... granted, right now, it's just a forum - but it's a start again!! For those of you who don't already know - FCAPA stands for "Families of Commercial Airline Pilots" and even though I have "Assocation" in there, we're not necessarily a non-profit organization yet... I need more people for that! hahaha

But with all seriousness aside...

Fcapa should be for anyone whose within the aviation family - whether helo, airline, regional, student or what not....

and I also think it should be "for the family" meaning that it's for the wives and significant others of those in the aviation community that are gone quite often and for those who can relate to the juggling that goes on with pilot schedules and so forth among other things... and for the kids... now a days - it's hard for kids to find friends who understand what their mom or dad are doing and why they're gone so often....

If anything - I would like to get a separate forum up just for the kids to come mingle and get pen pals from other parts of the country (even world) that relate to how their family relationships and how life is for them.... i think that would probably just pump them up and give them the attention and comfort that all kids need now a days - vs some of the stories i've heard about how other kids tease those whose family members seem like they're never around... know what i mean???

so, if anything - it should be a help to anyone who needs help or who wants to offer help to those in need (like our furloughed friends) etc....

so - lets get moving guys - give your wife/child the computer for a while and show them the forum at FCAPA.org.... as it starts building, I'll probably be able to add content based on the conversations going on!!

Look forward to meeting/talking to some of your sig. others!
laugh.gif

EXCELLENT!!

I'll be sure to let my wife know. I'm not an airline pilot (yet).... but, I'm sure she'll be interested in talking to other significant others about their experiences....

Thanks Kristie!!

Kristie,
I told my wife about it. Since she has already been caught twice, sneeking in JC here and there, I thought that it might be good for her to get over on the FCAPA.org. She said that she'd go check it out.

Back