FBO training and on to airlines

ATPhopefull

Just wondering how many people on here got their training at an FBO rather than a place like ATP or FSA and are now flying for a regional or anyother type of airline job. If you guys could let me know that would be great and please add how long it took for all training to be done for ratings at your FBO as well as what airline and possibly cost. Thanks!

Many people who fly good jobs (regional, corporate, major, etc.) trained at FBO's vs. named schools.

You'll get many responses, but generally speaking, it will take you just as long to obtain your ratings at an FBO as at a school. All it really comes down to is how much time you dedicate yourself to each day to flying and studying.

YMMV, but cost is generaly less expensive through an FBO

Where you got your training means as much as the color of your hair. What YOU put in to your training means everything.

Where you got your training means as much as the color of your hair. What YOU put in to your training means everything.

Well said. From my experiences, you get a lot better 1 on 1 time and what I believe to be a more of a personal relationship with your instructors and other instructors at an FBO (flight school oriented FBO, non flying club).

Back