FAR question

popaviator

I am trying to find the answer to this question...I've been flipping through 61.197 but the answer just isnt popping out. Any help would be awesome

"How much credit for a flight review does a certificated flight instructor get for a CFI renewal" ? :banghead:

To answer the question, nothing. However, if a CFI renews his CFI certificate, that will cover the 1 hour of ground training required for the flight review.

I'm finishing up with ATP and trying to drink from the fire hose so to speak as I've had one week to prepare for my CFI checkride, this question came from one of the many packets that I've been filling out....Checkride is Tuesday:buck:...by the way thanks for the help, I need all I can get

It finally made it throught the concrete they call my skull. SIU nailed it immediately.

But it's a strange way of asking about the rule that a current CFI does not need to receive the ground portion of a flight review.

But it's a strange way of asking about the rule that a current CFI does not need to receive the ground portion of a flight review.

lol! yeah, hes got a "strange" ground instructor for his CFI training... this is one of many off the wall, trick questions he asks in class and on handouts.

lol! yeah, hes got a "strange" ground instructor for his CFI training... this is one of many off the wall, trick questions he asks in class and on handouts.

I don't view it as a trick question in the least. It's merely a way of asking the question in such a way that doesn't signal the answer to the student. I'm sure that annoys some students who believe they have a right to be able to deduce the answer from the question, without having the required knowledge.

I will sometimes ask students "What other instrument uses the pitot tube besides the airspeed indicator?" About 75% will start naming random instruments. The problem is that they're trying to draw information from my question, rather than their heads.

I don't view it as a trick question in the least. It's merely a way of asking the question in such a way that doesn't signal the answer to the student.
I thought it was strange wording because I though it barely signals what the question is.

Back