Family Airlines

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
http://www.familyairlines.com

The same venture that failed in the 90s is back, and yes, for real! 747-400s flying from SFO/LAX-LAS for $40 a ticket...now there is a solid business model. What do you all make of this outfit, should the FAA allow the investors to actually go ahead and lose mountains of money? Then again, how can you hate an airline with a Dr. Phil-look-alike CEO?

55LB4140.JPG

No one standing in front of the American flag could be bad.
Safe to say they did an amazing job photo-shopping him infront of that flag! Almost as amazing as how they took a picture of a Lufthansa 744 (with the full consent of LH and the photographer, of course) on their homepage and slapped their fake logo on the tail!:sarcasm:

You're all just walls that I'm gonna be a 744 capt after I pass my private checkride on Sunday

I thought it was a fair price to pay for a job! I mean, it's not like "Golfstream."

I already submitted my $50 application fee to help them seperate the canidates that are truely interested in being part of the flight crew at family!!!:sarcasm:

I think Doug Taylor, or fearless leader, should call this can and relay the information that NJC will have lots of pilots looking to further their careers and pay to apply for this. Invite him to show up at NJC and talk about Family Airlines.

Once he arrives we can figure out what to do - but whatever that would be I imagine it would be funny (for us).

I think Doug Taylor, or fearless leader, should call this can and relay the information that NJC will have lots of pilots looking to further their careers and pay to apply for this. Invite him to show up at NJC and talk about Family Airlines.

Once he arrives we can figure out what to do - but whatever that would be I imagine it would be funny (for us).
:yup:

I would go as far as a lamb sacrifice to see such that happen.

I just looked at the webpage.

The funny thing is the CP is prolly legit (I think some DL pilots might know of him too.) He's a legend at PO.

An abundance of 747-400s are going to hit the market, although they will be older.

However, the plane burns 3000 gallons of fuel an hour.

I think our charter rate is around 15,000/hr.

That's alot of $69 seats on a 5 hour LAX-MIA flight.

I just looked at the webpage.

The funny thing is the CP is prolly legit (I think some DL pilots might know of him too.) He's a legend at PO.

An abundance of 747-400s are going to hit the market, although they will be older.

However, the plane burns 3000 gallons of fuel an hour.

I think our charter rate is around 15,000/hr.

That's alot of $69 seats on a 5 hour LAX-MIA flight.

1,087 seats at $69 per will cover a five hour flight if the costs are $15,000 per hour. I think that would be pretty high density seating for a 747-400 - particularly a rare three engine model. I do think they were going to sell stuff on the plane ala Skybus - water, food, rope to hang yourself, dildos, etc. Maybe they can make money that way.

Back