Falcon 2000 type demand?

LOGS

Theres a good chance in the next year or so that if I paid for my Falcon 2000 type, I could get around 500 pic in it. Now that's a damn expensive type and was wondering what the demand was back home in the states, if it would be worth it with just the 500 pic? Anyone have any idea?

=Jason-

I don't recommend paying for the type. DO what you want, but who is to say that once you pay for it they will let you get that PIC.

In contract flying many times pilots get their own type ratings. It is somewhat normal actually and can be used as a tax write off (consult your tax professional). At my company, alot of time what we do is get training contracts if we pay for someones type rating. Depending on which type will determine how long the contract is for as some are VERY expensive.

If you have a solid job that awaits you may want to pay for the DA2000 type or arrange it that they pay for it and you guarantee a certain amount of time to them. If you do decide to pay for your own type let me know through a PM. I can put you on our rolls as an employee here in Moscow and you would not have to pay full price at FSI as we have contract pricing with them which is a bit of a discount. I know in Europe there are alot of DA2000's and I know of at least two that operate in Russia and Ukraine which were looking for drivers. In any case good luck.

In contract flying many times pilots get their own type ratings. It is somewhat normal actually and can be used as a tax write off (consult your tax professional). At my company, alot of time what we do is get training contracts if we pay for someones type rating. Depending on which type will determine how long the contract is for as some are VERY expensive.

Curious, does the contract include a reduced "day rate" when the company pays for the Type?

So.. salaried contract pilots. Sounds like a nice way to get out of paying disability, insurance, all that kinda stuff.

Not really...we have a contract with a set rate. It says I am here, available for for X amount of days and I will be paid Y for that. That is all. We do not get anything else such as insurance. We work as straight self reporting contractors and that is all.

Not really...we have a contract with a set rate. It says I am here, available for for X amount of days and I will be paid Y for that. That is all. We do not get anything else such as insurance. We work as straight self reporting contractors and that is all.

If you fly more than X amount of days, do you get paid more? What if you have other contract work lined up, then they call you to fly?

If you fly more than X amount of days, do you get paid more? What if you have other contract work lined up, then they call you to fly?

Yes, if we go over our contracted days then we get paid more on a contracted basis. If you have another contract lined up on your days off, like some of my guys do then they go do that. We have never called anyone in from days off before nor do I plan on starting this new habit. This contract is the best I have ever had. I have received two PIC type ratings with a third possibly this summer and have never had to open my wallet once. The pay is great and management really does not bind my hands or the DO's in running an effective operation. All of my guys really love it here too. Everyone took contract extensions when they were offered. Unfortunatly I am going to lose one of my captains in August as he has to go back to his airline in the United States (he was on a one year leave).

Back