Failed CFI Initial (warning long write up)

You wanna keep reviewing material but only lightly. I guess you took care of the remedial flight/ground?

As for @njboeingfan I doubt you have to do another oral. I am aware of the 3 hour in 60 day rule, but I don't think your oral 'expires' if you don't get the checkride done in 60 days, I'd have thought it is on the examiner to pull out all the stops. If you get to 20 Feb still no joy, maybe check with the FSDO?

He said we would have to redo it all. I have it scheduled for next week and I havent flown in a month, so i have to knock the rust off. If I have to redo it, it's not that bad.

He said we would have to redo it all. I have it scheduled for next week and I havent flown in a month, so i have to knock the rust off. If I have to redo it, it's not that bad.

You took the oral and passed or you took the oral and failed?

If you took the oral and passed while having to discontinue due to weather why would you have to do the oral again?

You wanna keep reviewing material but only lightly. I guess you took care of the remedial flight/ground?

As for @njboeingfan I doubt you have to do another oral. I am aware of the 3 hour in 60 day rule, but I don't think your oral 'expires' if you don't get the checkride done in 60 days, I'd have thought it is on the examiner to pull out all the stops. If you get to 20 Feb still no joy, maybe check with the FSDO?

Yeah he said we only have to do the flight portion on what were failed items and items left to be done. Won't have to do any oral at all. I've done the remedial training and feel good. Might have to go up for one more flight depending on how long he takes to get better and reschedule.

sorry to hijack the op's thread. I passed the oral and had to postpone the flight because of wx. My 60 days runs out at the end of this month; gotta redo the whole thing if I don't get it done. Fingers crossed for Thursday.

sorry to hijack the op's thread. I passed the oral and had to postpone the flight because of wx. My 60 days runs out at the end of this month; gotta redo the whole thing if I don't get it done. Fingers crossed for Thursday.

Stop hijacking you hijacker!!!!

Kidding.

Good luck and I hope you can get it done before you have to do the whole thing over. That would be ridiculous!!

You took the oral and passed or you took the oral aIf you took the oral and passed while having to discontinue due to weather why would you have to do the oral again?
@njboeingfan I doubt you have to do another oral. I am aware of the 3 hour in 60 day rule, but I don't think your oral 'expires' if you don't get the checkride done in 60 days, I'd have thought it is on the examiner to pull out all the stops. If you get to 20 Feb still no joy, maybe check with the FSDO?

He will have to repeat the whole thing if it's not done within 60 days.

61.43(f)(1)

Once you pass, all that came before will seem small by comparison.

This one is in the bag I think. Go get him....and after its over and you have the temp in hand, give him a bottle of window cleaner with a bow on it. :stir:

Honestly, from your description of the events, you went in well prepared and did great. Sometimes we just fog stuff. :)

Once you pass, all that came before will seem small by comparison.

This one is in the bag I think. Go get him....and after its over and you have the temp in hand, give him a bottle of window cleaner with a bow on it. :stir:

Honestly, from your description of the events, you went in well prepared and did great. Sometimes we just fog stuff. :)

Holy crap I laughed out loud.

I am actually going to do that. He's a good guy and has a good sense of humor so I think he'll appreciate it and get a kick out of it.

Better yet, I'll lurk around your plane and then when he comes out to the plane I'll come running up to you like the homeless guys on the street corner who wash your window then stand in front of your car until you agree to pay them.

Better yet, I'll lurk around your plane and then when he comes out to the plane I'll come running up to you like the homeless guys on the street corner who wash your window then stand in front of your car until you agree to pay them.

Holy s I'm dying.

I just pictured it in my head in full motion.

DEAL!!

I'll make sure you get a fat tip.

I've certainly told this story before, back in the day, as I prepared to go to the aircraft carrier for the first time, we naval flight students were preparing via Field Carrier Landing Practice (FCLP) flying the mighty T-2C Buckeye. None of us were good enough, ever, for the Paddles (the LSO). He used to say the same thing over and over when you had a bad pass....321 Paddles! Paddles, 321, go ahead...Yeah, 321, I need you to suck less next pass. 321 roger, suck less. I ended failing my check ride, didn't go to the boat that time. Passed the next time and btw, a failure preparing for or at the boat is a BIG DEAL but I qualified at the boat (barely!), earned my wings. Why? Cause I sucked less :)

I've certainly told this story before, back in the day, as I prepared to go to the aircraft carrier for the first time, we naval flight students were preparing via Field Carrier Landing Practice (FCLP) flying the mighty T-2C Buckeye. None of us were good enough, ever, for the Paddles (the LSO). He used to say the same thing over and over when you had a bad pass....321 Paddles! Paddles, 321, go ahead...Yeah, 321, I need you to suck less next pass. 321 roger, suck less. I ended failing my check ride, didn't go to the boat that time. Passed the next time and btw, a failure preparing for or at the boat is a BIG DEAL but I qualified at the boat (barely!), earned my wings. Why? Cause I sucked less :)

I sucked less and passed! Thanks man

Back