Facility schedules

Vaid

I’d like to know which of the following facilities have the yearly schedules? (more stable schedules)

SCT AWP SO. CALIFORNIA TRACON
PCT AEA POTOMAC LARGE TRACON
ZDC AEA WASHINGTON ARTCC
NCT AWP NORTHERN CALIFORNIA TRACON
PHL AEA PHILADELPHIA INTL ATCT
MIA ASO MIAMI INTL ATCT
A80 ASO ATLANTA LARGE TRACON
ATL ASO ATLANTA HARTSFIELD ATCT
ZTL ASO ATLANTA ARTCC
IAD AEA DULLES INTL ATCT
ZOA AWP OAKLAND ARTCC
D01 ANM DENVER TRACON
DEN ANM DENVER INTL ATCT
A90 ANE BOSTON TRACON
MCO ASO ORLANDO INTL ATCT
TPA ASO TAMPA INTL ATCT

I’d like to know which of the following facilities have the yearly schedules? (more stable schedules)

ZDC AEA WASHINGTON ARTCC
MIA ASO MIAMI INTL ATCT
ZTL ASO ATLANTA ARTCC
IAD AEA DULLES INTL ATCT
ZOA AWP OAKLAND ARTCC
D01 ANM DENVER TRACON
DEN ANM DENVER INTL ATCT
A90 ANE BOSTON TRACON
TPA ASO TAMPA INTL ATCT

Define stable???

Depends what you mean really. At A80 we work a week of days and a week of nights, with OT thrown in almost every week and sometimes every day. We do have the same days (day) off every week though and do not rotate them.

There, on top of the day shifts, also is an 11-7 (usually 9-7 or 11-9) shifts as well as a mid shift on your week of days (gotta be pretty senior to get those though..thank you, thank you).

Our day shifts comprise of 610-210pm, 635-235pm, 7-3pm, 735-335pm and 8-4pm. Then there is the 11-7pm and nights are 1-9, 2-10, 230-1030, 3-11, 330-1130 or 4-12. The mid shift is always 1025-625am except for sat night to sun morn which is a 2350-800am with 10 min of OT at the beginning (its an issue of Sunday pay/premium pay).

Oh and you gotta love the 6-2 get home at 245 and leave the house again at 9 to go back for the mid. Always a fun groggy time, 'course the FFAA says we need to manage our "off" time better and that "fatigue is a vague issue". IDIOTS!

ZDC AEA WASHINGTON ARTCC
MIA ASO MIAMI INTL ATCT
ZTL ASO ATLANTA ARTCC
IAD AEA DULLES INTL ATCT
ZOA AWP OAKLAND ARTCC
D01 ANM DENVER TRACON
DEN ANM DENVER INTL ATCT
A90 ANE BOSTON TRACON
TPA ASO TAMPA INTL ATCT

Dude, your trying to get into ATC. There really isn't such a thing as a "stable schedule". Welcome to air traffic control. Unless you go to a low level VFR tower. Every facility you just asked about it a 24 hr facility. Which means you are going to work some jacked up schedules, especially with no seniority.

I'm trying to see which facility allows or at least make it easier to take classes and have other commitments on the side.

I'm trying to see which facility allows or at least make it easier to take classes and have other commitments on the side.

dude, you are looking in the wrong direction career-wise. Shift work is a way of life, when I was in the Navy, and working at a 24 hr facility, we would work Mid (10pm to 6 am) Eve (2 pm-10 pm) Day (6am-2pm) and then u were off for 32 hrs. In your off-time youll be studying for ur next qual or trying to get the qual ur training on. It never ends, u might wanna go to the Telemarketing jobs forums

Depends what you mean really. At A80 we work a week of days and a week of nights, with OT thrown in almost every week and sometimes every day. We do have the same days (day) off every week though and do not rotate them.

There, on top of the day shifts, also is an 11-7 (usually 9-7 or 11-9) shifts as well as a mid shift on your week of days (gotta be pretty senior to get those though..thank you, thank you).

Our day shifts comprise of 610-210pm, 635-235pm, 7-3pm, 735-335pm and 8-4pm. Then there is the 11-7pm and nights are 1-9, 2-10, 230-1030, 3-11, 330-1130 or 4-12. The mid shift is always 1025-625am except for sat night to sun morn which is a 2350-800am with 10 min of OT at the beginning (its an issue of Sunday pay/premium pay).

Oh and you gotta love the 6-2 get home at 245 and leave the house again at 9 to go back for the mid. Always a fun groggy time, 'course the FFAA says we need to manage our "off" time better and that "vatigue is a vague issue". IDIOTS!
Thank you, that’s what I was looking for.
I'm already a shift worker, I know how it works and yes I do have other commitments on the side.
I need more info on TPA and MIA please.

Back