FAA Summer AT-CTI “Paid” Internship

I applied to this. Anyone know what the job really consists of? Not just the description given in the announcement.

My facility had a high school kid intern this past summer. Not sure if its exaxtly the same thing. He spent about half his time making copies etc for the secretaries and spent the other half running strips for the data person.

LOL if it comes down to it and you are making FIDO entries, for the love of God never type RS unless you've been told yes RS and confirmed the CID at least 3 times haha.

LOL if it comes down to it and you are making FIDO entries, for the love of God never type RS unless you've been told yes RS and confirmed the CID at least 3 times haha.

SR, RS, SR, RS...the two most important terminal functions on the fdio and one has terrible consequences...........:panic:

HD

SR, RS, SR, RS...the two most important terminal functions on the fdio and one has terrible consequences...........:panic:

HD

I always liked asking a student to "Request Strip" gets them screwed up, and gives everyone a laugh, but you only do it on a flight plan that won't leave the facility.

Anyone hear anything on this? I applied for Elgin and Aurora, but so far my application wasn't included with the Elgin applicants.

Ya, I'm wondering how this process works. My "application" has not been included in several of the locations list. I'm thinking what happens is the good ole' HR people randomly pick a handful of people to send in their applications to the managers at each facility and then the managers pick who they want. I guess if your lucky enough to get your application included in one of the locations try to find the number to a manager at that facility and introduce yourself.

Rant: I can't believe how long they wait to select people and figure out what locations. Some of us student in college need to decided whether or not to take summer school or if we should go home or find a place to live if we get a facility to intern at! We can't do that unless we know whether or not we got the internship or not. I know last year I didn't get a phone call for the FAA about an internship offer until after summer school was well it it's 2nd to 3rd week. By that time I couldn't drop my classes without still having to pay tuition! I know most other summer internships processes have already been completed and the people who got the internships/didn't get them have been notified. Normally internship processes are completed early May so people can make plans!

Rant: I can't believe how long they wait to select people and figure out what locations. Some of us student in college need to decided whether or not to take summer school or if we should go home or find a place to live if we get a facility to intern at! We can't do that unless we know whether or not we got the internship or not. I know last year I didn't get a phone call for the FAA about an internship offer until after summer school was well it it's 2nd to 3rd week. By that time I couldn't drop my classes without still having to pay tuition! I know most other summer internships processes have already been completed and the people who got the internships/didn't get them have been notified. Normally internship processes are completed early May so people can make plans!

I hear ya! I am in the same boat witht the summer school issue. Im just registering for summer school and just planning like im notgetting the internship. Now, hopefully they will call or contact me before the classes start this summer.

But, I kinda dont care. Only because Im taking summer classes to move my school process along a lil quicker. Actually, if I take the summer classes im planning on taking this summer ill be able to graduate a whole 7 months early. On the flip side, if I get the internship I will not be able to get those classes in this summer and will have to graduate 7 months later. So, im kinda ok with either way.

But, still, the FAA needs to get their act together!

I agree. I've also applied to an internship with Raytheon at ORD, and my instructor says I have the internship but Raytheon still hasn't decided if the internship will be summer or fall, and whether or not they will even pay anything! I have Tuesdays and Thursdays cleared next semester for the internship, and would love an answer so I know if I need to fill those days or not!

Back