FAA Reports System Failures All Over US

its on cnn right now, they say theirs no safety issues and havent lost contact with any planes. (which is good).

CNN said earlier maybe a hacker got into the system.

(strange this happens the day before I start my college aviation classes...freaky)

Maybe its the Clintons trying to prevent Obama from getting to DEN.:buck:

Had no problems in the system today, but was only local. Tomorrow could be another story.

from cnn.com
Every major airport in the United States was experiencing flight delays Tuesday afternoon because of a communications breakdown at a Federal Aviation Administration facility, the administration said.

Just omit Tuesday afternoon, and this will be the summation of it all.....

Thank god we put better tech here in Korea than we have at home....

It's sort of frustrating that there are only two facilities nationwide that can process flight plans. Of course it just so happens they are located in SuthernJet Internashunal Hub cities (ATL and SLC). Things that make you go hmmm.

It's sort of frustrating that there are only two facilities nationwide that can process flight plans. Of course it just so happens they are located in SuthernJet Internashunal Hub cities (ATL and SLC). Things that make you go hmmm.

:yeahthat: So if its a hacker, its possible it was a Southernjets employee? I saw they were'nt ruling out foul play.

I heard that a TSA guy unplugged the computer while looking for terrorists hiding in the electrical outlets.

CNN Aviation expert said this of the incident:

"This is really not a safety issue, this is an aggravation issue," said CNN aviation expert Miles O'Brien

Could the expert have said it better....I think not. Maybe we can commission Miles to join the board under the title: My Flight Expert (look out Dr. Forred you got company)...We'll direct questions we have regarding expert knowledge to Miles.

I heard that a TSA guy unplugged the computer while looking for terrorists hiding in the electrical outlets.

But no worries, the TSA is going to fine the FAA $100 million for not having a battery backup and letting the agent into the data center with only a TSA ID! :)

This exact same thing happened a few months ago, pain in the rear, cannot believe they did not find a backup solutions after the first time. Deja vou!

National Airspace Data Interchange Network (NADIN)failed down in Atlanta... only other one in the nation is in SLC and it can't handle the whole country.

The system is slowing falling apart...

CNN Aviation expert said this of the incident:

"This is really not a safety issue, this is an aggravation issue," said CNN aviation expert Miles O'Brien

Could the expert have said it better....I think not. Maybe we can commission Miles to join the board under the title: My Flight Expert (look out Dr. Forred you got company)...We'll direct questions we have regarding expert knowledge to Miles.

+2 for Mr. O'Brien....still in the "eh" column, but a perfect commentary, and all that is needed on the subject.

Love how they were launchin 'em outta atlanta one at a time and still blaming most of the debacle on the weather. I had to find out about it through CNN.com during the ground stop.

When they finally released the ground stop into ATL, all airlines were given clearance. Except, the big D.

"Love ya, hate it for ya, gotta go"

Back