FAA logbook audit and ATP

kiloalpha

I'll be taking my ATP with our company POI in July, hopefully on the 28th when I turn 23. I spoke with him today and said he wants to do a logbook audit and to make sure my all my hours do something with a 61 reg but I can't remember. What do I need to do to get ready for this?

Sounds to me like he just wants to check your logbook to ensure you meet the ATP requirements. I wouldn't worry much about it.

People do crazy stuff misinterpreting the ATP requirements or simply adding the wrong columns together so often it doesn't surprise me that he'd want to review your records to make sure they meet the mins.

It is a good idea to do a audit of the logbook. I was suprised at the amount of stupid math errors I had made in mine.

It is better to find a shortage of hours in one column before your DPE does!

found one in mine where I accidentally added up the same page twice...thought I had 30 more hours then I really did...bummer, ah well

I did my ATP with my POI from the same office. No really big logbook audit. I think he just checked it to make sure I met the minimums. He even fell asleep during the flight portion of the checkride. Initials are AR.

Who's your POI over there at Central Air?

I did my ATP with my POI from the same office. No really big logbook audit. I think he just checked it to make sure I met the minimums. He even fell asleep during the flight portion of the checkride. Initials are AR.

Who's your POI over there at Central Air?
It's MM. I'm sure it wasn't a big deal but he made it sound like it was. Guess just a scare tactic.

Back