FAA License validation

Which school should i attend?

• Total voters

aspiringadx

Hi All
Hope you all are doing well.

I am an Indian, settled in Dubai and I am looking forward to study Flight Dispatching from Sheffield or IFOD.

I was looking to work in Dubai as soon as i finish my course. Would I need to convert the FAA license to GCAA license before I can start working in Dubai?

Also I would like to know if countries would accept FAA dispatcher license without any conversion to their local license?

Thank you

Sounds to me like IFOD is your best option. They get a lot of international students, I had somebody from Dubai in my class. The owner is from, I think, Sri Lanka, so you may relate with him well. He's a good dude. Also the owner of Sheffield comes on here every once in a while and acts like a total jackass, so I can't really recommend that school. Jeppesen has a good school too, but I don't know much about them. There is also ADTC in Dallas, the owner was my instructor. Any of those three (IFOD/Jepp/ADTC) are probably your best bet, but I think you'll do well at IFOD.

I don't know much about license conversions. I think I have heard of international operations accepting the FAA license, but I can't say for sure.

Sounds to me like IFOD is your best option. They get a lot of international students, I had somebody from Dubai in my class. The owner is from, I think, Sri Lanka, so you may relate with him well. He's a good dude. Also the owner of Sheffield comes on here every once in a while and acts like a total jackass, so I can't really recommend that school. Jeppesen has a good school too, but I don't know much about them. There is also ADTC in Dallas, the owner was my instructor. Any of those three (IFOD/Jepp/ADTC) are probably your best bet, but I think you'll do well at IFOD.

I don't know much about license conversions. I think I have heard of international operations accepting the FAA license, but I can't say for sure.
Thank you for the reply.
Does IFOD or Jeppesen help in finding job opportunities for international students in USA?

Thank you for the reply.
Does IFOD or Jeppesen help in finding job opportunities for international students in USA?
I went to Jeppesen and a majority of my class was from outside the US, and the guy that runs it sent out emails often with opportunities he is told about to those that had taken the course. Those are both for US and international openings.

Although, as so many haven't hired lately (or maybe it's been so long since I was in the class and might have timed out?) I haven't seen an email from him since COVID started to close the world down.

Thank you for the reply.

You won’t get a visa sponsorship for the US just as a dispatcher, so unless you have another way to work here, that won’t be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi All

I am an Indian, settled in Dubai and I am looking forward to study Flight Dispatching from Sheffield or IFOD.

I was looking to work in Dubai as soon as i finish my course. Would I need to convert the FAA license to GCAA license before I can start working in Dubai?

Also I would like to know if countries would accept FAA dispatcher license without any conversion to their local license?

Thank you
Jeppesen is an option as well

Hi All

Thank you

The short answer is Yes, you will need to get license issued by the GCAA. Generally, they will accept foreign certification as evidence of competence, but there are some additional requirements to be fulfilled. All of that information is on the GCAA website.

As to your second question, if the country in question issues it's own version of a Dispatcher license, you will likely need to get that license if you want to work in that country. That is speculation on my part.

With regard to stuttering, you have to demonstrate that you can read, speak, and understand English to the satisfaction of the examiner. If stuttering is a concern, you might want to look into that before going to school.

The short answer is Yes, you will need to get license issued by the GCAA. Generally, they will accept foreign certification as evidence of competence, but there are some additional requirements to be fulfilled. All of that information is on the GCAA website.

As to your second question, if the country in question issues it's own version of a Dispatcher license, you will likely need to get that license if you want to work in that country. That is speculation on my part.

With regard to stuttering, you have to demonstrate that you can read, speak, and understand English to the satisfaction of the examiner. If stuttering is a concern, you might want to look into that before going to school.

Thank you for the reply.
I was wondering if the FAA license would help me get a job abroad like in US, Canada or UK later on. I have heard US has strict policies when it comes to employment of non citizens within the aviation industry, UK I am not quite sure but I am hoping to get employed abroad. Do you think it is possible?

Thank you for the reply.
I was wondering if the FAA license would help me get a job abroad like in US, Canada or UK later on. I have heard US has strict policies when it comes to employment of non citizens within the aviation industry, UK I am not quite sure but I am hoping to get employed abroad. Do you think it is possible?
I think having the FAA certificate may help in the sense that it will serve as proof to a potential employer that you have the knowledge required to do the job. It may also make you eligible for that State's Dispatcher license. But I wouldn't expect magic to happen because you have an FAA certificate.

Considering the FAA 73 Max scandal It could bring into question the FAAs integrity within ICAO itself but you should be able to transfer an FAA cert to (your state) cert without a problem. However it has been FAA do and other states follow. Now who knows.

Considering the FAA 73 Max scandal It could bring into question the FAAs integrity within ICAO itself but you should be able to transfer an FAA cert to (your state) cert without a problem. However it has been FAA do and other states follow. Now who knows.
Uhhh, yeah. Ok. Do I need to say "sarcasm"? In that case, every FAA issued license for every pilot out there is suddenly in question. This is beyond ridiculous.

Uhhh, yeah. Ok. Do I need to say "sarcasm"? In that case, every FAA issued license for every pilot out there is suddenly in question. This is beyond ridiculous.
Forgot to add the /S in there. Maybe it should be standard equipment on our forums like ATC /G. /S

Back