FAA letter "slight variance of normal ECG"

Razberry81

I just recently received a letter from the FAA regarding a "slight variance from normal on ECG". I had 30 days to respond to the FAA before my medical is denied, unfortunately I have been away from home for some time, and my 30 days will be coming up in 2 weeks. First, how do I request an extension to the deadline, and Second, is there a professional organization that you would recommend to consult regarding aviation medical issues. I am affraid that my family Doctor may not be in tune to the idiosyncrasies of the FAA, and may make things worse.

...and Second, is there a professional organization that you would recommend to consult regarding aviation medical issues.

http://myflightsurgeon.com/

Dr. Forred is the man to consult. He graciously donates his time to this site, and his expertise in working with the feds makes him the perfect man to consult with when you need the next level of help.

I believe he is at the JetCareers Meet & Greet in Vegas right now so it might be a few days before he's back on-line. I'm guessing that you might try calling his office to get in touch with him quicker if needed.

If you need immediate relief and cannot get in touch with Dr. Forred, try www.aviationmedicine.com These are the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) doctors, and they are pretty good at what they do. They also help Private Pilots with medical certificate problems. Check out their website and view their credentials, you might just find what you are looking for.

I just recently received a letter from the FAA regarding a "slight variance from normal on ECG". I had 30 days to respond to the FAA before my medical is denied, unfortunately I have been away from home for some time, and my 30 days will be coming up in 2 weeks. First, how do I request an extension to the deadline, and Second, is there a professional organization that you would recommend to consult regarding aviation medical issues. I am affraid that my family Doctor may not be in tune to the idiosyncrasies of the FAA, and may make things worse.

You just need to call and request a 30 day extension. It is automatic when requested.

We assist people with these problems. The folks at www.aviationmedicine.com are good guys but the charges are high. Call me if you have any questions.

Back