FAA Checkride!!!

Lima_Charlie

In an effort to turn this forum into a positive place, I am looking for a little advice. I have my Private FAA Checkride tomorrow morning and would appreciate any constructive advice anyone can give me. Can you remember what questions caught you by surprise? etc...

Any thoughts??

"Just Breathe Easy" - Fletch

Mine wasn't too hard...now looking back at it.

Stay calm if you mess something up...It's no big deal.

Go slow transitioning in between maneuvers. Get set up with your airspeed, altitude, and heading just like you practiced it. Most importantly take your time and don't get in a big hurry to "show off" how fast you can do a checklist and other things.

Fly your game. Obviously you and your instructor think you are ready. Stay relaxed and don't be intimidated.

Some of the DE's can be jerks...don't argue with them. After the flight, ask him/her what they think you could do to be a better pilot.

Good Luck
smile.gif

Same here...

Don't show up too early, the waiting will just drive you crazy. RELAX. Fly just as you did yesturday with your instructor. Take advantage of the examiner and the wealth of knowledge he has. Mine was a huge learning experience. My examiner even walked me through an ILS coming back in at the end. Enjoy the ride and show him your stuff.

Hawk

Check the Checkride Central category above. Also who's your DPE? Some people are very familiar with certain DEs in the valley and know what they ask for.

[ QUOTE ]
. Also who's your DPE? Some people are very familiar with certain DEs in the valley and know what they ask for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should become one.
smile.gif

Well, I passed!!! I am officially Private Pilot! It is all very exciting... I just want to thank all my fans... :)

So, it is on to my instrument rating....

Grats on the checkride. Are you happy so far with your training at Pan Am?

How would you describe your experience so far?

[ QUOTE ]
Grats on the checkride. Are you happy so far with your training at Pan Am?

How would you describe your experience so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!! You know, I am very happy with my training. Yes, I probably spent more than I would have at an FBO, but I finished in a little under 2 months. In my class of 19, I was the third one to finish overall, and the first one to finish out of people that came in w/ zero time. My instructor was a ballbuster, but looking back, I think that was a big reason I passed all of my stagechecks, but one, and that was because I f$@%ed up my landings. Otherwise, I would have been done about a week ago. I didn't have to cancel any flights due to maintenance, and only canceled one due to weather. I got rained out, if you can believe it!! At no point did I ever feel like I couldn't get a question answered. The Chief even loaned me HIS charts so I wouldn't have to go out and buy new ones for my checkride flight plan. All in all, the training was MUCH harder than I expected, but worth every penny I spent.

So, now it is on to instrument training.

Back