FAA AT-SAT Report

MrBucket

I don't know if anyone has seen these documents before. If this is old news or irrelevant lock it up. Spare me the internet bickering.

I found this to be a pretty good read. Not a whole lot more than we know already, still interesting though.

http://www.faa.gov/library/reports/medical/oamtechreports/2000s/media/200714.pdf

Notable from the report- "applicants who achieve a qualifying minimum score are
divided into two groups: those scoring 85 and above(termed “well qualified”) and those scoring from 70 to84.9 (termed “qualified”). Those in the “well-qualified” group will be offered employment before anyone in the “qualified” group. AT-SAT data in this paper are therefore reported according to these categories."

http://www.faa.gov/library/reports/medical/oamtechreports/2000s/media/200616.pdf
This one is about the reweighing of the different sections of the test

For the reweighing... Oh how I don't miss statistics... If I payed more attention in class, it would make more sense. I think you may need a degree in it to make sense.

So based on the revised weighting, the mean score for All Groups of AT-SAT test takers is only 77.86? With everyone who reported their score on the forum here, that seems awfully low to be inline. However, I guess you could assume that the average forum user is more tech savvy? :) Btw, I didn't get chance to read all of it, just scanned mostly and paid more attention to the tables.

So based on the revised weighting, the mean score for All Groups of AT-SAT test takers is only 77.86? With everyone who reported their score on the forum here, that seems awfully low to be inline. However, I guess you could assume that the average forum user is more tech savvy? :) Btw, I didn't get chance to read all of it, just scanned mostly and paid more attention to the tables.
There is a selection bias in the average score reported on these forums. Most people don't like to brag about their 65s and the average poster would be more motivated to get a good score compared to the average AT-SAT testtaker.

Back